• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Linking a live stream video to shorts

Sharms

Subscriber Goal
Hi all I am very new to most of this. I am creating some shorts from one of my Live stream videos that was hillarious. and wanted to know the easiest and best way i can link the long form video to my shorts.

Thanks Sharms

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kenjackson

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
You can include cards in the livestream that lead to the Shorts... also you can make a playlist of these Shorts and add a link to that Playlist in the description, pinned comment and end screens. That playlist would also make a good Community Post or post for Social Media purposes.

Reactions: BraveStar
OP
OP
Sharms

Sharms

Subscriber Goal
You can include cards in the livestream that lead to the Shorts... also you can make a playlist of these Shorts and add a link to that Playlist in the description, pinned comment and end screens. That playlist would also make a good Community Post or post for Social Media purposes.
Thanks so much for your input and yes i go back after my livestreams and add a Card and end screen not able to do so when setting them up but can do later on. The shorts playlist is a great idea thanks for that.

OP
OP
Sharms

Sharms

Subscriber Goal
By the way for my problem is. Why isnt there Shorts button on my youtube channel? how am i suppose to make shorts if there is no Short button on my front page of my channel?

And to make shorts don't you just have to select an area of your own video by editing it with a editor software and make a short which is i don't no maybe 30 seconds long and then make that a 4k and then upload it on youtube ? but then how do you know it be a video vs a short video under the shorts since there is no short button on my channel. i think i saw it one time but not anymore.
Hey Ken from what i have experienced is that anything that is under 60secs automatically becomes a short if you upload it and to have shorts show on your main channel page you need to go into your channel customization and put whatever you want on your home page hope this helps

Baumi

Recognized Member
Subscriber Goal
Übrigens für mein Problem. Warum gibt es auf meinem YouTube-Kanal keinen Shorts-Button? Wie soll ich Shorts erstellen, wenn es auf der Startseite meines Kanals keinen Short-Button gibt?

Und um Kurzfilme zu erstellen, müssen Sie nicht nur einen Bereich Ihres eigenen Videos auswählen, indem Sie ihn mit einer Editor-Software bearbeiten, einen Kurzfilm erstellen, der nicht vielleicht 30 Sekunden lang ist, diesen dann in 4K erstellen und ihn dann hochladen auf Youtube ? Aber woher weißt du dann, dass es sich um ein Video oder ein kurzes Video unter den Shorts handelt, da es auf meinem Kanal keinen Short-Button gibt? Ich glaube, ich habe es einmal gesehen, aber nicht mehr.
[/ZITAT]
Dies hätte von yt für alle Ersteller aktiviert werden sollen. Die Shorts auf jedem Kanal.