• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help I can't create a thumbnail on the short

Merlincircus

Recipients
Hello, I can't create a thumbnail on the short I just downloaded, and I can't modify a thumbnail of an old short either?
Thanks for your help

Reactions: Xavier De Buck

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Recipients
Hello, I can't create a thumbnail on the short I just downloaded, and I can't modify a thumbnail of an old short either?
Thanks for your help

Unfortunately, it's intended that way. It's a restriction from YouTube's end which refrain users from selecting thumbnails or uploading a custom thumbnail for their shorts video. If you have had any old shorts where you've uploaded a thumbnail, it will be removed/not visible, and will select the default ones. I believe you get to choose between 3-4 pre-made thumbnails if you go to the YouTube studio dashboard for that specific video but that's it.

Xavier De Buck

Subscriber Goal
Recipients
Thanks for your help
Once it's uploaded, you can't make any changes to your YT Short video thumbnail, HOWEVER, you can select a thumbnail for your YT Short if you use an iPhone to upload your short video...