• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips How can we get more YouTube subscribers?

Enda Trading

TubeBuddy User
Hey everyone!
Here is my 10 cents!

Content and Engagement are King
  • Content with low language and cultural obstacles, with English, Spanish, and Portuguese being the most common languages.
  • Target Audience Is Relatively Young: Content that will appeal to the age group with the most viewers (25ΓÇô44).
  • Content that is related to a certain idea or area, or the same niche, to encourage binge watching
  • Ever-green or Long-Lasting: Content that is always in demand, no matter how much time has passed.
  • Interactivity: Topics that can make the audience do something or help them complete a task.

How important are Likes, Comments, and Shares?

Likes, Comments, and Shares are the three forms of user interactivity for YouTube content. Backlinko analyzed 1,3 million YouTube videos and announced that user interactions have a significant impact on YouTube video rankings.
  • The quantity of likes has a substantial impact on YouTube ranking.
  • YouTube ranking is proportional to the number of comments on a video. The quantity of comments elevates the position.
  • The quantity of shares a video receives has a significant impact on its YouTube ranking. The videos that appear on the first page of YouTube have more shares than those that appear on subsequent pages.
  • Therefore, channels that emphasize topics that elicit substantial viewer engagement tend to rank higher.

YouTube Strategies:
  1. Use "Power Playlists": Create playlists on your channel that are organized by outcomes rather than just topics. This makes viewers more likely to watch your playlist and subscribe. (Series of how to complete a task etc) Example
  2. Publish Long Videos: Surprisingly, longer videos tend to rank better in YouTube's search results. So consider creating content that's around 10-15 minutes long.
  3. Promote Videos on Your End Screen: Encourage viewers to watch more of your content by promoting another video on your end screen. This helps increase watch time and boosts subscriptions.
  4. Add a Brand Watermark: Use a branded watermark in your videos that resembles the YouTube subscribe button. It has been found to generate more subscribers than other types of watermarks.
  5. Focus on Video Quality: Instead of just focusing on publishing a lot of videos, prioritize creating high-quality content. Quality over quantity can attract more subscribers.
  6. Reply to Every Comment: Engaging with your audience by replying to comments can make you stand out from other YouTubers and increase subscriber engagement.
  7. Write a Compelling Channel Description: Craft a channel description that clearly explains what your channel is about and includes a strong call to action to subscribe.
  8. Funnel People to "Subscriber Magnets": Identify the videos that brought you the most subscribers and find ways to promote them more prominently, such as in your end screen or channel trailer.
  9. Use an Awesome Channel Icon: Your channel icon represents your brand, so make sure it stands out and is relevant to your content.
  10. Create a Channel Tagline: Develop a tagline that highlights what makes your channel unique and different from others in your niche. Incorporate it into your channel art and channel trailer.
  11. Try "Hearting" Comments: Show appreciation to your viewers by "hearting" their comments. This simple action can lead to more engagement and subscriptions.
  12. Make a Channel Trailer: Create a short and captivating trailer that showcases your channel's content and entices viewers to subscribe.
  13. Optimize for Watch Time: YouTube values watch time, so use pattern interrupts, graphics, and engaging content to keep viewers watching for longer durations.
  14. Embed YouTube Videos in Blog Posts: Take advantage of your blog by embedding relevant videos. This exposes your content to readers who are already interested in your content and increases the chances of gaining subscribers.
  15. End Videos With a Strong Call to Action (CTA): Encourage viewers to subscribe to your channel by explicitly asking them to do so at the end of your videos.
  16. Promote Your Channel: Utilize other platforms like your blog, podcast, or social media to direct people to your YouTube channel and encourage subscriptions.
  17. Optimize Your Channel Page: Take the time to organize and design your channel page to make it visually appealing and user-friendly. Highlight your best content and make it easy for viewers to find and subscribe.
Bonus Tips:
  • Use "The Social Media Preview": Share short clips from your YouTube videos on social media platforms and link to the full video in the comments.
  • Include a subscribe link in your channel art to make it convenient for viewers to subscribe.
Implementing these strategies can significantly boost your YouTube subscriber count. Remember, consistency and quality content are key to building a loyal subscriber base.

Good luck with growing your channel in 2023!

Let me know if you have any comments.
I also would like to hear if anyone else has some Tips.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aimee_722
OP
OP
Enda Trading

Enda Trading

TubeBuddy User
Good advice. Something I have had success with is using the “super thanks” option pay the min $2 but now your comment will be visible/pined at the top of someone’s video comments. Do this on videos related to your niche and have hundreds of thousands of views… ;)
I heard people talk about this, but it feels a bit like spam to me, it's like when blog commenting was big back in the day to build backlinks, which is now very spammy.

UlterMonster

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Thank you for sharing I will be doing this from now on as I do most of them already but they all seem helpful...tonight I released one of my longest videos and out of my last 10 it seems to be doing the best so far..Thank you for this again