• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help I'm getting blackmailed by a hacker group and falsely copyright strike on my YouTube channel. What do I do?

LushModz

Subscriber Goal
On Saturday, May 6, I received an official email from YouTube saying 2 of my YouTube videos were taken down by someone named "Rajib Sir" for copyright. This resulted in 2 of my YouTube videos getting removed and one of them being falsely copyright strikes.

I saw the person's email and I emailed him. He reply saying for me to join his telegram called "hackerworldfamous". Now I'm thinking oh great this is a hacker trying falsely copyright striking my YouTube videos. I decided to join his telegram.

The first thing I see in his profile picture was a hacker person with green background. He then asked if I speak Hindi language and I said no. he tried his best to speak in English. From what I was understanding from him was that he wanted me to add his suspicious website link to all my YouTube videos and he will remove strikes and my channel will be safe. He also mentioned something about money and strikes I couldn't really understand his English.

I began trying to tell him that I don't wanna have any drama or anything and I am an innocent YouTuber. He continues talking about me adding his sketchy website to all my YouTube videos. I stopped chatting with him since this conversation was getting nowhere and he basically wanted me to either give him money or add his website to all my YouTube videos, which I wouldn't do because he is trying to extort me due to my channel getting strikes.

My theory was that he wanted to falsely strike 2 of my YouTube videos and leave me at 2 strikes and he would begin to extort me and blackmail me for money and who knows what. I don't know this person, I don't know why he targeted me specifically. I wanted to be safe so I private all 400+ YouTube videos. This would make sure he can't give me another false strike.

I spent 3 days contacting YouTube through Twitter, YouTube live chat, and the YouTube email support team. NON of them helped at all and they couldn't do anything about it after I showed them screenshots of the chat and exactly what was going on in full detail and everyone said the same thing. Any ideas on what I should do? I've tried everything I could and YouTube will not do anything and my appeal gets rejected within seconds. Please help me!

Bod68

TubeBuddy Pro
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
You Tube don't really care about anything in my opinion! My son was logged in as me watching videos the other week and pressed what he thought was a subscribe button but donated to Unicef instead (to the sum of £55). He came clean and said it was a mistake so I tried to get the money back as it was a legitimate mistake. I received a reply yesterday saying I wouldn't be getting anything back and I hadn't provided anough detail. Well the IP address was different and I'm not in the habit of donating for You Tube videos to Unicef so looks suspicious to me. I hope you get an answer. Good Luck!

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
That is insane. Please get in touch with @TeamYouTube on Twitter about that... they are the best about jumping on situations like this. Doesn't hurt to tag @YouTubeLiason for assistnace.

Reactions: LushModz and Damon

fatosinteressantes

This maybe is not the case, but I just wanted to comment on this issue.
Yesterday I was looking for some bits of footage on youtube that I could use, normally I use little parts when I need them for a video.
I came across these YouTube channels offering premium free 4k footage.
Because I am a noob on YouTube creation, I was very happy at the beginning cause they had exactly what I needed, but then I gave it a second thought and decided to review their video comments and none of them seems real, all posted at the same time, all that weird stuff.
I was wondering how these channels have so many followers and so many views and how they keep their channels working.
Well, maybe they are not monetized at all, and when you use one of their videos they copyright or blackmail you.
Besides this being my opinion and some kind of conspiracy theory I thought about it yesterday and I ran from these channels.

jawadsoomro

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
jawadsoomro1988.wixsite.com
Subscriber Goal
In my opinion, YouTube won't simply remove videos just because somebody reported it. If YouTube keeps rejecting your appeal, that could mean that you are uploading someone else's content. Correct me if I am wrong.

Reactions: Alidervash