• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube SEO Hashtags

Mwarren

Hey friends, new to this forum, I would like to say hi and ask a question. Any help is appreciated. If I put hashtags in my description does YouTube see them as keywords. I ask this as I donΓÇÖt want to be seen as keyword stuffing. Thanks

jawadsoomro

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
jawadsoomro1988.wixsite.com
Subscriber Goal
Hashtags are good the same as keywords in your description. Instagram is dependent on hashtags, thats how we get found. YouTube does the same in almost similar fashion. You can put hashtags in your description (I think 25 hashtags max?). Also, put relevant hashtags. Irrelevant hashtags may result in video being removed.

Reactions: Mwarren and apkvent

apkvent

Hello! Yes, YouTube does see hashtags in your video description as keywords, and they can help increase the visibility of your videos in search results and related videos. However, it's important to use hashtags in moderation and relevance to the video's content, and avoid "keyword stuffing," which can hurt your video's visibility and engagement.

YouTube recommends using 1-3 relevant hashtags per video, and placing them at the end of your video description. Make sure to use popular and specific hashtags that accurately describe your video's topic or theme, and avoid using irrelevant or overly broad hashtags that won't attract the right audience.

Reactions: BamaBoy63
OP
OP
M

Mwarren

Hello! Yes, YouTube does see hashtags in your video description as keywords, and they can help increase the visibility of your videos in search results and related videos. However, it's important to use hashtags in moderation and relevance to the video's content, and avoid "keyword stuffing," which can hurt your video's visibility and engagement.

YouTube recommends using 1-3 relevant hashtags per video, and placing them at the end of your video description. Make sure to use popular and specific hashtags that accurately describe your video's topic or theme, and avoid using irrelevant or overly broad hashtags that won't attract the right audience.
Thank you for spending the time to answer my question, this will help a lot. Thanks again

Reactions: apkvent

dlsapk

Hello there! Indeed, YouTube does recognize hashtags within your video description as keywords, and they can play a significant role in enhancing your videos' discoverability within search results and related video suggestions. However, it's crucial to wield hashtags judiciously, aligning them closely with your video's content, and steering clear of the notorious pitfall known as "keyword stuffing," which can ultimately harm your video's visibility and audience engagement.

According to YouTube's best practices, it's advisable to incorporate 1-3 pertinent hashtags per video and position them towards the conclusion of your video description. Opt for hashtags that are both popular and specific, as these are more likely to accurately represent your video's subject matter or overarching theme. On the flip side, refrain from employing irrelevant or overly generic hashtags, as they won't attract the intended audience effectively.

amelia111

Welcome to the forum! On YouTube, hashtags in your video description are seen as keywords, not keyword stuffing, as long as they're relevant to your content. Use a few pertinent hashtags to boost discoverability, but avoid overuse. Research popular ones in your niche for better results. Best of luck!