• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How To Reach Out To Potential Subscribers?

Amie43

Subscriber Goal
My channel niche is creepypasta storytelling. Currently, I got 48 subs. Though views are just under 2000, the retention and view time are down. I suspect that the issue is that people who are seeing my videos are not really interested in my niche.

So... how do I get the people who are interested? There has to be a secret other than paying YT ridiculous amount of money for promotion.

Thoughts? Ideas? Feedback?

I know there are paid services to get subs and views. BUT, when you sign up with them, the views rush in and YT takes them off as spam.

Sometimes, even if you don't use paid services, YT steals your views and subs.Just recently, I had a video get 1000 views. YouTube then cut most but 27 views for the video. They claim those are bot views.How in the world did I get bot views?!

I don't think YT is our friend UNLESS we got money to spend on their advertisement services.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
You have to create content people actually want to watch. The reality is most people's content is horrible. Read the book, "How to Shoot Video That Doesn't Suck" by Steve Stockman to understand how to communicate with motion picture. Most people are not willing to pay the price to learn how motion picture works.

BTW, could get your account banded for buying views and subs.

OP
OP
A

Amie43

Subscriber Goal
Don't use any paid botting that don't work for long run. Try reddit to share a video

[/QUOTI don't use the services. Just mentioned them as some people recommend them. But even though I am not paying anyone for subs and views, YouTube still takes away my views. It makes no sense. E]

OP
OP
A

Amie43

Subscriber Goal
All true. Most of the feedback I get is positive. One video reached 900+ views and people gave me some honest feedback. They liked my stories but had issue with voiceover I was using. So, since, I have invested in more natural-sounding voiceover. But, I have yet to get more subs and views. I never plan to use buying subs or views. I would rather grow the channel organically. Not sure who do I get to give me honest channel review in terms of content quality besides the viewrs. I always ask people to comment. Not sure what else to do?

OP
OP
A

Amie43

Subscriber Goal
I know. It is a good advice not to buy subs and views. Waste of money.

Reactions: Damon

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Let me start by saying this. I prefer to be straight up and honest about my thoughts because ppl sometimes just need to hear the truth and facts and I may sometimes offend ppl who don't want to hear it.

With that said, first lets talk about that whole buying subs and views. The biggest issue most new content creators have is that they don't have an understanding on how YouTube works. The impression is that all it takes to be a content creator is to just make videos you like, upload them to YouTube and watch the views and subs magically appear. All in the hopes of getting 1000 subs and 4000 view hours. But then reality hits them and they realize it's not that simple. Viewers don't just magically appear to watch your content. Still, that desire to become part of the YouTube Partner Program and get that sweet, sweet YouTube cash is so strong that creators contemplate the idea of paying for fake views and subs, an act that violates YouTubes ToS, with the goal to get into the program. What they don't get is that joining the YouTube Partner Program is not a guarantee you'll get views. Views come from making good content. And unless you plan on continuing to pay for fake subs and views you're not gonna get views since most of your views were fake. And without views and high view time you're not getting any kind of pay from YouTube. This is why you don't pay for views because not only can it get your channel banned (and YouTube will figure it out) but you never built a real audience and now you don't have the views that will help you make money.

This leads to your original inquiry. " how do I get the people who are interested?" Your issue here is that you have the idea of being a content creator backwards. You're a content creator with content in search of an audience. What you need to be is a content creator with an audience in search of content.

Basically what I am saying is you seem to have made content without knowing who your audience was and you're now trying to figure out how to get an audience for your content. What you need to do is figure out who you're trying to target with your content and then make that content appealing to that audience.

For example. Let's say you started making videos about camping. Your just staying in a tent, listening to nature and eating, maybe, canned food. But perhaps there isn't an audience for this kind of content. Most who would watch camping videos might not find this content entertaining. But you still want to make camping videos. So, you look to see what kind of camping videos viewers are watching. Perhaps in these videos you learn you can start reviewing all kinds of camping gear. Show how to cut wood and make a fire. Perhaps you can even show the different kinds of meals you can prepare while camping so that viewers don't think all you can eat is canned food and beef jerky. You do these things because there's an audience for it.

You need to figure out who your audience is, who you want to make content for and make that content for them. That's how you get real viewers and subscribers.

OP
OP
A

Amie43

Subscriber Goal
BraveStarr TheGamer, thank you! What you said is head on! I do struggle identifying who my audience is. And this is where I need to start first. YT provides me with some data which show the majority of my viewrs are male and between the ages 20 and 40. Now, I have to figure out what they want. I've been following some popular channels and listening to their content. Not sure where I can compare the viewers data between my channel and theirs, but maybe if I can figure this out, it will give me an idea about what kind of stories to present. I noticed Randaunatica app stories was popular once, though YT took 1000 views from that video. Despite the fact that I didn't do anything to warrant take away of the views. But, this is all hard work. Someday, I will figure it out.

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
Step 1: Make it EASY.
People these days have everyone screaming their faces (metaphorically). The last thing you want is for someone to think about subscribing and then find it hard to do it. So, make it easy for them. Make sure you have channel branding, and ask for it in your video and tell people quickly how to do it.

Step 2: Don't be obnoxious about it.
No one likes a begger. People's time is valuable. Honor that by giving them what they came to your video for. Don't take up their time by begging for likes and subs. It's okay to ask quickly, but that's it. Use onscreen animations, cards, and end screens that don't get in the way of the content.

Step 3: Make sub-worthy content.
Be honest and unbiased with yourself about your own content. Would you subscribe to your channel? If your answer is not "Yes, Yes, Yes!" then think about what you need to do to get your own subscription.

Step 4: Never pay for subs.
If your subscribers are not organic, then you are gaining nothing. The success of your channel and your content depends on real people liking your content and you. Nothing else matters.

Did you like how I wrote this out for you? Would you subscribe to my channel because my content {above writing} was easy to understand, follow and learn from? Use this as an example for your content. This is what people want these days.

• Love
Reactions: Damon and Amie43