• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Needing ACTUAL criticism from other like minded people. I need brutal honesty so I can learn from my mistakes and improve.

Half Ninja Giant

User name: Half Ninja Giant
Title of thread: Needing ACTUAL criticism from other like minded people. I need brutal honesty so I can learn from my mistakes and improve.
Self review: Things I would like to improve at: Video Pacing, Video Editing, Cut/Zoom effects, Comedy. These are the focus points in which I would like to improve at. My honest review about my own video is: 1:55 I died for comedic effect then i replayed killing the enemy, I should have cut this. Mendez (Big Boss Guy) I could have added Steves head repeatedly for a consistent comedic effect. Outro Song started a tad early. ANYTHING else small or picky please let me know I want to improve as much as! Thank you!
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd6HK46Q8u8&t

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/53885/

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Dude I cannot thank you enough, I've left a bigger reponse as a comment but you've pointed out some stuff that I've clearly missed or thought about and was too uncertain to make that call. Hugely appreciate you taking the time to make this man
Pleasure is all mine sir, keep up the great work!

Reactions: Half Ninja Giant

LiteL

I think the Jumpcuts are bit unnatural and not well done, I can't specify what to improve because it's not smth I do myself, but perhaps try transition effects. Also, the way the video starts feels like smth is cut off - I think its really hard to start with comedy content, because there isn't clear tags or places to promote stuff like that, but I think you can make it work for sure.

Reactions: Half Ninja Giant
OP
OP
Half Ninja Giant

Half Ninja Giant

I think the Jumpcuts are bit unnatural and not well done, I can't specify what to improve because it's not smth I do myself, but perhaps try transition effects. Also, the way the video starts feels like smth is cut off - I think its really hard to start with comedy content, because there isn't clear tags or places to promote stuff like that, but I think you can make it work for sure.

I agree in a sense, some jump cuts can feel random or messy. However, i feel like it's equally as bad having 50 transitions in a video so it's hard to win with that. I agree the start of my videos are a bit rougher than the later stages so it's something I'll attempt to improve at!