• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question What to do

Bunks

I am so down hearted right now, my new channel did so well in it's first two months with lots of views and new subscribers. For the last two weeks, there were hardly any views and subscribers. I have changed video titles, video descriptions, tags and thumbnails and it stays the same. I don't see any strikes against the channel. And no where can one get hold of someone from YouTube to explain what is happening. I haven't changed anything before the slump, as the channel did so well. Has any one else gone through some thing this, and if so how long did it last for. The other smaller channels in my niche are still getting the same sort of views as what they had, and we all have fairly similar content.
Any advice please?

• Love
Reactions: kenjackson

jawadsoomro

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
jawadsoomro1988.wixsite.com
Subscriber Goal
That's very common on YouTube. We shouldn't worry about it. Even my channel had only 7k views in March, but now back to 10k views in April. Audience interest changes according to seasons and festivals. If you make evergreen content, then people will keep coming back. Try to make seasonal content as well, so that people stick to your channel. Maybe special dish for thanksgiving? a valentine food? Christmas day? So many other possibilities.

Reactions: Xavier De Buck

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
Check to see what your watch times are. Getting people to click on s video is just one of the steps. They must also watch the majority of a video. Also check to see if they are clicking on another one of your videos after they watch the first one. If they are just clicking on your video, watching s few seconds and then going somewhere, this will cause you channel ranking to drop like a rock.

• Love
Reactions: RickCourtneySongs
OP
OP
Bunks

Bunks

Im so sorry to hear this. Very emotional i get reading people about this.. I been there its sad... frustrating is very stressful and many times i end up unable to sleep with a disorder because im stuck at looking a the computer wishing this and that. Dont worry i suppose.. By the way welcome to the forum. Im here quite a lot. And yes see what happens in another 3 weeks time. If nothing happens now and the next 3 weeks let us know any UPDATES please.. What is your channel about ? all depends if people don't fall asleep watching a video or what is it about of your channel? good luck

p.s i liked your channel just having a quick look at it before i make coffee and perhaps watch more. U have my support along the way. Keep doing what your doing. Everything looks good you have thumbnails and titles all correct.
Thank you so much, appreciate the support.

• Love
OP
OP
Bunks

Bunks

Check to see what your watch times are. Getting people to click on s video is just one of the steps. They must also watch the majority of a video. Also check to see if they are clicking on another one of your videos after they watch the first one. If they are just clicking on your video, watching s few seconds and then going somewhere, this will cause you channel ranking to drop like a rock.
The watch time is actually increasing at the moment, average watch time is around 1:29 at the moment, my videos averages around 4-5 minutes

The Jungle Explorer

TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
That is a very question info you given us... Last time i check mine i think people watch between a minute or less then 8 minutes i think.. ill have to check but i sitll get that 18 to 28 likes regardless..
By the way For someone like me who has 477subscribers today and 99% almost 70,000 total views of my channel and usually 18 to 28 LIKES in each video i upload is that slow or good or pretty bad for my channel ? been on 1 year and a half by adding a 18 to 30+ 4k walking video once a week or twice a week.. (my city isnt super big so there be many times im repeating myself walking the same streets)

It is really difficult to say. Lots of factors that are not clear. I would say based on what you have said, you are doing pretty well for a small-town-focused channel.

Half Ninja Giant

I am so down hearted right now, my new channel did so well in it's first two months with lots of views and new subscribers. For the last two weeks, there were hardly any views and subscribers. I have changed video titles, video descriptions, tags and thumbnails and it stays the same. I don't see any strikes against the channel. And no where can one get hold of someone from YouTube to explain what is happening. I haven't changed anything before the slump, as the channel did so well. Has any one else gone through some thing this, and if so how long did it last for. The other smaller channels in my niche are still getting the same sort of views as what they had, and we all have fairly similar content.
Any advice please?

Your channel is very good, I think it's just one of those things that happens from time to time. The only feedback I can give would be to maybe change the thumbnail of your videos to remove the large green banner.

I've attached an example from a large youtube channel for a comparison and I have made an example for you to have a look at if you might prefer this look!

It only took me 5 minutes to make this in Paint 3D

Attachments

• 539282870146b13e977ec2409b8b7f7f.png
    539282870146b13e977ec2409b8b7f7f.png
    210.8 KB · Views: 62
  • channels4_profile.jpg
    channels4_profile.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 68
OP
OP
Bunks

Bunks

Your channel is very good, I think it's just one of those things that happens from time to time. The only feedback I can give would be to maybe change the thumbnail of your videos to remove the large green banner.

I've attached an example from a large youtube channel for a comparison and I have made an example for you to have a look at if you might prefer this look!

It only took me 5 minutes to make this in Paint 3D
Thank you very much. I only changed those thumbnails last Friday to see if it will make difference. Will definitely use yours. Thanks

Reactions: Half Ninja Giant

LiteL

Different recipes are searched in different volumes that's only tip I could give you. So possibility that you have done more niche stuff

Reactions: Half Ninja Giant

The Jungle Explorer

TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
Thank you.. Youtube shows me that avrage viwer about under 2 minutes but i think that is not exactly acuracy for real. I mean im still getting LIKES more then 28 times per videos.. i get heaps of views.. Its not as if everyone watches my video under 2 min and then gives me likes.. It just doesnt work like that. Im sure i have many susbcribers watching my videos all the way to the end. But youtube wont tell me these things.. I dont no. I will have to further check the analyst and give you all a update soon.

Keep the good work

Here is a video I just made for you that may offer you some help.

The Jungle Explorer

TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
You are just going to have to get used to non-specific information on YT. The system is way too complex and has millions of variables for it to be absolutely precise about anything. Only the programmers and engineers know really how things work, and you and I will never get to talk to those people. And even they may only know the specifics about the small portion they deal with. I was like you when I first started and wanted to know precise information. I can tell you now that, at the end of this quest is the eventual conclusion that, as many have put it bluntly to me,

"You are insignificant to YouTube. YouTube does not need you. YouTube is a private company and they have no obligation to tell you diddly squat and you have no right to demand anything from them. Be content and happy that they have graciously agreed to share a little of their profits with you and be thankful for that. You pay nothing to use YouTube and they are giving you so much. Sit down and stop your complaining."

I am not saying this to you personally, it is just what has been said to me and many others that went down this road of trying to get YouTube to give out more precise information. The lack of accuracy in the data is frustrating, I completely agee. However, it is what it is, and we have to learn to work with what we have, not what we want.

It's perfectly normal for YouTube channels to go through phases of increased and decreased viewership, so don't be alarmed.

Analyze the data to see what's working and what's not, such as which topics are popular or which videos are getting better engagement. In this way, you can develop a more effective content strategy and strengthen engagement by interacting with viewers through comments and social media promotion.

Xavier De Buck

Subscriber Goal
Any advice please?
I just went to go look and see if I give you my 2 cents on videos/titles/thumbnails etc, but noticed you don't have ANY videos up?

RickCourtneySongs

www.rickcourtneysongs.com
Subscriber Goal
it may have been said- there are alot of replies and I read a few but more than just your watchtime and how much you have.... go to your audience and see when is the best time to post.... it will be in dark purple and there is where I have found my most success... Its tough I agree and sometimes makes no common sense .... I post one day.....within 1 hr Ill have 1000 views and then its like someone turns off the faucet.... Since I have taken notice of that happening--- its like disappointing when you post and the first hour you have 0....its like-- even if the content is close to the same type... but as I have grown-- keep watering the seeds and let them grow..... 1 view is 1 more than I had.... Good luck

PozziBros

I have another problem. I've been posting various snippets from my streams on YouTube, and they get 50 views at best. I do not know what to do with it, maybe to reconsider the strategy of development of the channel?