• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice SHORTS and how I can maximise them?

Bod68

TubeBuddy Pro
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi everyone. So I've been editing and uploading a few videos now and getting a bit of interaction. All good- I am now thinking of doing some SHORTS.

My issue is I have not kept the original video so my question is can I upload a SHORT from the video I have uploaded to You Tube and how?

Any other advice is welcome too :) Thank you.

Reactions: Xavier De Buck

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
Somewhat related... how the heck did you manage to get almost 100 subs from only 2000 views? That's crazy good!

And yes..you can download your own videos and do what you want with them. But...wow...I would just be focusing on whatever you did to get those first 100 subs from only 2000 views, and repeat it as much as possible!

jawadsoomro

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
jawadsoomro1988.wixsite.com
Subscriber Goal
Look at the analytics of your long form videos. Check the part of the video that got most retention. Download that video, trim that part from the long video, then post that short video as a Highlight from your channel. It works pretty well.

Reactions: Bod68
OP
OP
Bod68

Bod68

TubeBuddy Pro
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Somewhat related... how the heck did you manage to get almost 100 subs from only 2000 views? That's crazy good!

And yes..you can download your own videos and do what you want with them. But...wow...I would just be focusing on whatever you did to get those first 100 subs from only 2000 views, and repeat it as much as possible!
Not totally sure. Perhaps Santa Ponsa is coming up in searches and it's a popular place atm. Thing is I have no speech and my lens was set to fish eye which isn't ideal. Perhaps I need to do the lottery to maximise my luck? :rolleyes:

RickCourtneySongs

www.rickcourtneysongs.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey Bod - Im not positive but I am pretty sure if its a new creation from another and shorter it shouldnt be an issue.
After posting a quite a few of my songs..... and trying to get to 4k hours..... I took like 10 of my videos and incorporated them
into ONE BIG hour plus video and got my friends and followers to play the heck out of it along with some Google Ads to push it more.

my page is mainly songwriting- singing and entertaining but shorts I feel are different..... I love motocross and basketball and flying drones also-
I dont have the time to run 3 channels even though everyone says you need to be NICHE driven so I post shorts of all the above but my LONGFORM
content is mainly song or videos of my songs which I also use my drone photography skills for .

Heres what I have been doing and I have added over 800 subs since doing shorts.
1. If my song is 4 mins..... I cut the meat and potatoes of the song known as the chorus out... just 45 secs-1 min....... (I am also following this to see if I have dropoffs and around where 30sec- 45 sec?) Then in my description I place the link to the full song
2. Option 2 I do- Every day I try and do at least 3 shorts which has been averaging for me about 3k views daily. When I started posting shorts- I only was doing REMIX and only posted ones with ALOT of views and it really didnt matter what the subject. After Damon (one of the guys on here) mentioned that for better overall results-- to try and have SOO many different things cause it wont help in the long run. so now...
3- I thought about this--- my niche is Songwriting Singing Music..... so while I still post basketball dunks- motocross wrecks- cause they do get me quite a few views...
I know TRY AND POST OTHER MUSICIAN shorts... I find the ones with ALOT of musicians- drummers- lead guitarists and REMIX those.
No one on here really knows the SHORT conversion rate meaning..... Of all these SHORT views-- how many will lead to a real SUB interested in your NICHE.

Unlike some - I already have my income and this is something I do for fun- but there is this RAP song... Got my mind on my money and my money on my mind....
I started youtube 13 years ago and just quit.....In February - ESPECIALLY after watching YOUTUBE Host the superbowl..... Youtube aint gonna nowhere anytime soon so
why not make money.... Since then I have added another 1k followers- mainly from shorts.... and all my numbers are UP....

Keep Diggin till ya hit Gold... Not Sure if this helps but currently it seems to work for me.