• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Should I create a new facebook account or just a page ?

John on a Bike

I want to post on facebook to promote my channel but I want my channel seperate from my normal family facebook stuff. Should I create a separate account or add a page to my usual account on facebook. I did notice when I looked at tubebuddy's post to facebook feature it seemed to be looking for a page so is that the way to go ?

Reactions: kenjackson

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
It is not good use of your time to "sharing" your videos on other platforms. You are going to wreck your stats by sharing outside the platform. If you are going to use other platforms, you need to post natively, not share the YT video link.

People don't get to 1,000, 10,000, 100,000, etc. subscribers/views/etc by spamming their video links. And even if you do manage to get a few clicks, hardly anyone will likely view it to the end. There are already hundreds of millions of viewers on YT on-platform that is easier to catch than to convert people from outside the platform.

OP
OP
John on a Bike

John on a Bike

It is not good use of your time to "sharing" your videos on other platforms. You are going to wreck your stats by sharing outside the platform. If you are going to use other platforms, you need to post natively, not share the YT video link.

People don't get to 1,000, 10,000, 100,000, etc. subscribers/views/etc by spamming their video links. And even if you do manage to get a few clicks, hardly anyone will likely view it to the end. There are already hundreds of millions of viewers on YT on-platform that is easier to catch than to convert people from outside the platform.

I suppose that makes sense but I was asking as I read that Facebook is supposed to be a great platform to promote your channel even Tubebuddy had a video about it

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I suppose that makes sense but I was asking as I read that Facebook is supposed to be a great platform to promote your channel even Tubebuddy had a video about it

I know TB has a feature to share on FB. But it doesn't mean it is good for your channel. I know it sounds very contrary. All I can tell you is you should expand your learning to MANY different places and people. TB makes good tools but that doesn't mean every tool should be used for all situations. The pros and cons of sharing videos outside platform is well covered and discussed. To me, it is not even a close call.

It is sort of like the ongoing belief/argument that if you get a bunch of Shorts subscribers, they will suddenly become long-term viewers. There is a big difference between uploading to FB natively vs. sharing a YT video.

Ultimately, you do what you think is right for your channel. You analytics will tell you if you are on the right track or not.

Reactions: John on a Bike
OP
OP
John on a Bike

John on a Bike

I know TB has a feature to share on FB. But it doesn't mean it is good for your channel. I know it sounds very contrary. All I can tell you is you should expand your learning to MANY different places and people. TB makes good tools but that doesn't mean every tool should be used for all situations. The pros and cons of sharing videos outside platform is well covered and discussed. To me, it is not even a close call.

It is sort of like the ongoing belief/argument that if you get a bunch of Shorts subscribers, they will suddenly become long-term viewers. There is a big difference between uploading to FB natively vs. sharing a YT video.

Ultimately, you do what you think is right for your channel. You analytics will tell you if you are on the right track or not.

Thank you for the reply and you have given me a lot to thing about

Reactions: MattCommand1