• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Why it took me 13 years to apply for monetization? haha- Monetization Question

RickCourtneySongs

www.rickcourtneysongs.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey fellow tubers.... So strange things happen sometimes... just happens today is my 13th youtube year anniversary..
Also happens that finally today my 57th birthday and 13th year of youtube... my channel started 2010.... and today I
checked off all the boxes and youtube started my YPP application after I got the adsense account finished....

My question is - Once they start the YPP process- is it a month before you get an answer to whether you were monetized or not?

Why 13 years..... mainly because I didnt take it serious... probably would have made a little money by now..

and I give kudos to those who have monetized and got it done because what I have found is what I've read to be true..
it aint easy and if you say-- oh I can take time off... then you'll never get there... just stay consistent

honestly- if you need subs.... Shorts can help.... something I took more focus on is trying to share shorts
that are related to my niche as Damon puts it.... mine is music so I find the best drummers- the best lead guitarists and remix there
stuff in hopes maybe the sub will like music...

then I have been taking just the choruses of my songs and point them to the full version and add a end credit that points 10 seconds before the minute is
up..

This kind of works for the music - As a songwriter- there is a slogan- GET TO THE CHORUS--- Dont BORE US... if its a good tune the chorus can open it up..
that seems to fit shorts... 10 million views is UP THERE though...

Reactions: Bod68 and Damon