• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Texas Carp Fishing 2023. Catching those BIGUNS!

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, it's good. A four camera setup is the perfect way to film something like this. Good job of editing to the music, the rhythms and cadences. A few things I would change:
  • No need for the dissolves. Just cut straight to the next shot.
  • Keep most of your shots about three seconds in length. Some longer shots are fine, but once you get the point across cut to the next shot. If it feels too long, it probably is.
  • Sound effects. There are no sound effects. It's just music over a/b-roll. I understand you may be going for more of a montage, but the primary ambient sounds are what communicate the emotion of the moment, not the music. Yes, music adds to the emotion of the moment, but without the ambient sounds, there is no emotion to add to.
  • You don't need all music all the time. Again ambient sound effect, even if all you hear is the spillway.
  • If you want it to look more cinematic, shoot in 24 fps.
  • Time lapse while driving is fine, but a three second shot of normal driving or turning into the place where you're fishing would have been enough.
  • If you want to go down to one action camera, consider a shoulder mount instead of a head and chest mount. It'd be one less thing to worry about. The problem with chest mount is all your see is your hand. The problem with head mount is too much camera movement. The shoulder mount would split the difference.

• Love
Reactions: The Jungle Explorer
OP
OP
The Jungle Explorer

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
Awesome advice my friend. You are correct on all points. The truth is, this video is just a portion I cut from the original video I made for Kastking. The point of the video was to demonstrate the Reel, the Rod, and the Line. That is why I went a little long on certain shots shooting the rod in the fight. The main rod video was captured on a body cam attract right above my left shirt pocket, which is essentially my left shoulder. As you said, I have tried body cam in the middle of the chest, and they capture hands.

My wife was supposed to be my cameraman, but she likes to fish too much and was never there when I needed her. LOL! If you noticed at 1:10 in the video when I hook the first fish, you will see me turn my head twice to the left. That is me yelling at my wife to get over her and start filming. Which, but by the time she did the fish had gotten off. I also can't shoot audio when my wife is around. She gets very excited and can't keep from expressing herself very loudly and continuously. "Oh MY! Watch OUT! It's gonna get AWAY!" So on and so forth. She is a wonderful woman, full of emotion, but what comes out of her mouth when she is excited is not scripted and can be downright hilarious, if not incomprehensible. LOL! She is extremely camera shy, especially about her voice, so I can't use anything she is talking in. She is Native Amazonian, so she speaks English as a second language.

Thanks for the valuable critique. I appreciate the effort very much.