• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help ALL audio persistent sync issues

ResidentPsychopath

Hello everyone,

About 5 years ago, I quit YouTube after being monetized because I was having issues with audio sync and lost footage. I came back and have been working hard to rebuild, but I have been having persistent audio sync issues.

My setup is a desktop computer, Elgato hd60s, voicemeeter banana, and a blue yeti mic. I was using the elgato 4k software but I figured it was the issue, so I switched to obs. I am still having the issue and I think its even worse because not only is the mic off from my webcam overlay so my lips are moving and audio is delayed, but also the in-game sound is now delayed too. I am getting discouraged because nobody is going to want to watch videos constantly when the audio is out of sync.

UPDATE: I did just find and follow the instructions on the following link. It seems a couple of my devices were set to 44.1 when they should have been set to 48 hz. I will test it out on a game I am not actively recording for YT and report back when I see if it worked or not. https://streamershaven.blog/creator-tools/obs-tutorials/fix-audio-sync-issues-in-obs/

Last edited:

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
What kind of camera are you using? How are you recording your footage and audio? I was told by someone who uses DSLR camera that they had that issue and they solved it using a capture card. Don't ask me to explain the reasons why the capture card words because I don't have such a setup. I am only a messenger. But the video and audio out of sync is an issue that some people have.

Reactions: ResidentPsychopath
OP
OP
ResidentPsychopath

ResidentPsychopath

What kind of camera are you using? How are you recording your footage and audio? I was told by someone who uses DSLR camera that they had that issue and they solved it using a capture card. Don't ask me to explain the reasons why the capture card words because I don't have such a setup. I am only a messenger. But the video and audio out of sync is an issue that some people have.

I am just using the logitech webcam. I'm not using the webcam audio, but the audio going through the Yeti captured directly through OBS. I did ditch Voicemeeter and after restarting software and testing, it seemed to be more on point in the latest video. It may be off by a microsecond, but hardly noticeable. I do have some in game audio sometimes not recording when I hit record, but then I restart the software and retry and it records. It may be a hardware issue with a slow computer at this point. I took some additional steps to speed things up and I know to test a bit before I finally hit record and play.

Reactions: Leigh Stevie

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I am just using the logitech webcam. I'm not using the webcam audio, but the audio going through the Yeti captured directly through OBS. I did ditch Voicemeeter and after restarting software and testing, it seemed to be more on point in the latest video. It may be off by a microsecond, but hardly noticeable. I do have some in game audio sometimes not recording when I hit record, but then I restart the software and retry and it records. It may be a hardware issue with a slow computer at this point. I took some additional steps to speed things up and I know to test a bit before I finally hit record and play.

If you are recording video and audio separately, you will have to align them during editing. Clap you hands a couple times prior to recording to create an audio spike and visual cue. During editing, you manually line up the audio and video track prior to chopping it up. It's not perfect but should get you a bit closer to aligning the audio and video.

Try this out on a short 1 minute video and see how it works.

OP
OP
ResidentPsychopath

ResidentPsychopath

If you are recording video and audio separately, you will have to align them during editing. Clap you hands a couple times prior to recording to create an audio spike and visual cue. During editing, you manually line up the audio and video track prior to chopping it up. It's not perfect but should get you a bit closer to aligning the audio and video.

Try this out on a short 1 minute video and see how it works.

Actually, I am just recording it all through OBS. Although, even though I did set up different tracks on each input, it only outputs a single file. Annoying and I must still be doing something wrong with that. I was getting separate files with Elgato 4k software but I couldn't do the webcam overlay unless I was streaming, not recording. It won't work for me.

OP
OP
ResidentPsychopath

ResidentPsychopath

Ok, it seems to be much better now. After 3 recordings, there were zero lagging issues using the same OBS setup with the Yeti and Chromakey. The only thing I did was uninstall some things I wasn't using on the computer, ran Eusing registry cleaner I already had installed, restarted, and then I checked the OBS settings to make sure it was set to 60FPS when possible rather than just 60FPS. The recordings were flawless with no lag from either audio source.