• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Caught one! Skunk be gone!

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
What rod is that you are using? Also, what are you calling a Carolina Rig? I call this a Carolina rig.

1681604581442.png

OP
OP
Damon

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
This is a Shimano Clarus centerpin rod and and Okuma Aventa centerpin reel. I use the same Carolina rig you describe. Here the main line was 10 lbs hi-vis mono, to a swivel, then down to 9 lbs (5x I believe) trout tippet about a cubit or so. The hook I use one of my small thump rigs, an old-school, long-forgoten trout lure, then one of my Europen nightcrawlers for bait.

For weight I use a simple split shot just above swivel instead of a egg or bullet sinker that way I can change weights easily depending on the conditions.

The camera for this video was just a GoPro Hero 11, head mounted. I have the stabilization on, settings are cinematic @ 24 frames per second, 10-bit color depth, 4:2:0 subsampling. The use the flat color profile. I have a combo polarizer/ND filter as well to get the shutter speed down. All that gives me a image somewhat approaching my cinema camera. I color grade in Lightworks. In addition to the flat color profile use -20% saturation, -10% contrast in Lightworks. I also do my own S-curve in RBG, creating more contrast in the gammas at the expense of the highlights and shadows. I also raise the shadows 10 point to give a slight milkly color, almost like a bleached bypass. I have to do all that just to get things looking halfway like my cinema camera, the Zcam E2C. I also use the look-up-tables from Panasonic's Varicam for final color. Their LUTS are free. I use "Vintage" almost exclusively.

• Love
Reactions: The Jungle Explorer
OP
OP
Damon

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, the Hero 11 is great. They added a lot of cinema camera features. As far as the horizon level, check out these extreme sports guys, it really makes shooting so much simpler. the downside of a cinema camera is that is really needs a crew to work it. With the Hero 11, software makes up for the lack of man power.

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
I am getting a lot of fishing gear given to me for review, and will be doing a lot of shooting like what you did here. Just got the new KastKing Megatron reel a few days ago. This thing is a beast. It has a 28.5lb drag system. Gonna take it down and see if a can't hook into some big Carp or Buffalo to get some great footage of it. I'll be shooting on four cameras, in 4K, but I really need a good head-mounted setup like yours.

• Love
Reactions: Damon