• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Where to get "real" Google account help for my YT channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothin' But Gadgets

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
So, I have been dealing with an issue for some time that has been bugging me. When I first started my channel, I started it under my personal Google account. After my channel took off, I created a brand Google account and moved my YT channel over to the brand Google account. However, the channel never fully transferred over. My personal Google account is still listed as the primary account that owns my channel. It is not a huge problem, just more of an inconvenience. When I go tot log into my channel, I am actually presented with four possible login options, instead of two, as you can see in this screenshot.

1681158417365.jpeg

Anyway, I have searched high and low for a method to make my Brand Google account the primary on the channel and there is no direct way to do it that can find. I think only a Google admin can fix this. The problem is, I can find no way to contact customer support at Google. I have tried posting for help n the Google Help Forums, but my post get immediately locked and no one can answer the question. I have searched high and low on that forum and it looks like all questions that cannot be answered by posting a tidbit from the FAQs are also immediately locked.

So, where can I go to get REAL help with this issue?

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello @Nothin' But Gadgets ,

I got 2 questions.

1) Have you created a gmail account for the Nothin But Gadgets channel separate from the main account gmail (Howard Johnson)?
2) Why do you want to disconnect it from the current main account?

BraveStar

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The reason I asked question number 1 is because there seems to be a way to get what you're trying to accomplish, move your Brand channel to it's own account but it will require a second account and a 7 day wait. The issue is this account is currently linked to the gmail of the main account. The goal is to move it to another gmail account and it would make sense that you create a gmail that matches the channel. The link below has a step by step explanation how to make the move but the gist of it is you need to basically add a manager to the channel (the new gmail account) and then 7 days after the invite is accepted you can change the primary account holder, in essence, you can move the channel to a new gmail account and then remove the old one from the channel manager if you want to.

Hope this helps.

Making the Switch: How to Transfer YouTube Account

OP
OP
Nothin' But Gadgets

Nothin' But Gadgets

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Question 1. Hmmm...? Yes. I stated this in the OP. " After my channel took off, I created a brand Google account and moved my YT channel over to the brand Google account."

I have already moved the channel from my personal Google account to my brand account that I created specifically for it using the brand name. I already went through this process. The problem is, the original account still remains as the primary. This is what I see in the advanced seetting whil logged into my brand account.

1681176552023.jpeg

This picture shows you what is going on.

1681176768216.jpeg

The Howard Johnson account has no subscribers to his channel, but owns Nothin' But gadgets channel.

The Nothin' But Gadgets Account has no channel, but is managing the Nothin' But Gadgtes channel which is owned by the Howard Johnson account. I can log into each one of these four options individually, but only the bottom one is the one that I can work with, (upload videos, edit videos, etc.)

What I need to to do is change my Nothin' But Gadgets ACCOUNT to the Primary owner fo the NBG channel.

Why? Well, as it is, it is confusing. It has casued me some issue with YT in the past and almost lost me Partnership. The YT staff cannot see that the Howard Johnson account is the primary. They were asking me to do things to the channel (security related) and I was doing them, but they were not seeing them on their end, because they were seeing the settings for Howard Johnson. The YT staff can only see whats on the YT side. They cannot see or manage whats on the Google side. I was making the changes they were asking me to, but their system was showing the settings as unchanged. At the time I did not realize what was casuing the issue because I did not know that my old account was still the primary for the channel. I was sending them screenshots trying to verifiy and but they could not verify the changes on their side. It was very frustrating.

Anyway, this is a Google issue, not a YT issue. I need to get in contact with Google support, but Google has no support other than their Google Account Help center. Unfortunately, they do not want to answer or deal with issues, so they lock my questions for help with this issue before any can answer it. There are many people that have the same or similar issue and have posted on the Google Help Center asking for help and every one of the questions about thisa re locked with no answers ever given. From what I can tell, if your question falls outside of the normal question that can be answered by a moderator coping and pasting a section of the FAQs, it is going to be immediatly locked.

I posted here hoping that someone has figured out a way to get help from Google.

BraveStar

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
OK, first, you didn't say gmail, you said account. The issue there is that you didn't specify the Nothin But Gadgets with zero subs was a second account as opposed to a brand account under the Howard Johnson account. That's why I asked, it's confusing. But that doesn't matter. The point is you're half way through the process already. I am not sure why you believe this is a Google issue, that webpage I shared gives you exactly the details you need. If it's been more than 7 days since the Nothin But Gadgets account has been managing the Nothin But Gadgets channel then you should be able to go into the settings for the channel and simply change the ownership of the channels like in the image below. You're basically transferring the ownership of the brand channel to another account, kinda the same way you would if your channel was part of a business and you sold the business and need to transfer the channel to the new owner.

2023-04-10 22 08 14.png

I'm trying to help you here but if you don't want help then that's fine. You're welcome to ignore mine or anyone else advice or assistance. Could have saved you the hassle of dealing with YouTube/Google directly.

I suggest trying to contact YouTube support on Twitter. They tend to answer ppl more often on there.

Have a nice day.

Reactions: MattCommand1
OP
OP
Nothin' But Gadgets

Nothin' But Gadgets

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
No need to get snippy. I thought what I said was crystal clear. I am sorry it was confusing to you. I appreciate you trying to help.

Have a good night

Status
Not open for further replies.