• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Videos not showing

Elite vr

Subscriber Goal
When I do a search relating to my videos it don't matter how far I I scroll pass other videos mine don't seem to be showing up can anyone give me some advice regarding this

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
Banner image says "EXTREMEVR", channel name is "elite vr", description says "extreme vr", handle is "elitevr903". I looked over a few of your videos as well, fwiw.. I could be wrong... but it overall it just seems your channel isn't focused enough, just seems a bit unorganized and not at all SEO friendly. So it probably makes sense while you're not getting very many views. You still have baby videos in your shorts feed btw.

I could be wrong, but I would certainly get everything better organized and stable including your banner, channel name, description, handle, etc.

Something to try.... I would perhaps focus on one topic for a while and see if you can get momentum. An easy way to try that is take your most popular video and make a few more videos relating to that. In your case that would be your "First Time Playing Onward" video. Maybe a series of 3-6 videos of you playing that game, etc.

I have a Quest 2 as well... and if I was doing a channel targeted toward that I would research the top 10 games and do 3-5 videos of each game. From initial reactions, to learning the game, to perhaps doing a walk through. That's at least 30 (or more!) videos right there.

Also, your hashtag use (again...just my opinion here) is at best random. Try to make sure ALL of your videos have something in common so you can use the same hashtags, in your case all of your videos should probably have the #quest2 #quest2gameplay #vrgaming hash tags in them. I don't know if you need to add the game title as a hash tag since that should be in your video title. Do not overload hashtags, 3-4 at the most.

Reactions: Xavier De Buck

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
OK I'll sort that out thanks

Also, take into account you're a fairly new channel with only 34 subs, a handful of videos uploaded within the last couple of months and an average of 50 views per video so in essence YouTube's algorithm has little to no idea your channel even exists yet. You have to have patience and give it time for the algorithm to at least analyze your channel with enough content on it so it can start sharing it on searches and such. At minimum 100 videos in a year or 30 in 3 months just to get started.

Also consider less bloated thumbnails. You have a ton of text on them covering what the image is thus making it harder to see what the content is. Remember, the image below is what your thumbnails would look like on mobile and desktop. Kinda small if you think about it and could seem cluttered with too much text on them. Sorry, I also tried looking for your content and even with the entire title of your videos and channel name they wouldn't show up. Likely because of what I said. Too new of a channel to be found yet.

Hope this helps.

Desktop Mobile
My _TERRIBLE_ First Time Playing Onward #VR on #oculusquest2 elitevr903 - YouTube.png
Screenshot_20230408-201246.png

OP
OP
Elite vr

Elite vr

Subscriber Goal
OK thanks iv changed the thumbnails take a look see if you think they are better

BraveStar

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Which ones did you change? I honestly can't tell. Also, I would suggest applying this advice to future videos in the meantime so you don't end up with too much on your plate. If you want you can redo the thumbnails for previous videos little by little so they don't look so cluttered when you have the time. Don't stress yourself over it though. Your channel is new, in the early stages. This is the time for you to make mistakes and learn from them as you grow your channel. It can be fixed little by little. Here's an example of what I mean:

Not so cluttered, can see image better Too cluttered, image disappears behind all the text
2023-04-10 21 14 56.png
2023-04-10 21 13 43.png

OP
OP
Elite vr

Elite vr

Subscriber Goal
I changed alot alot of them the top was the original one and replaced it with the second one

Attachments

• jpg_20230404_164100_0000.jpg
    jpg_20230404_164100_0000.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 1_20230409_190738_0000.png
    1_20230409_190738_0000.png
    993.6 KB · Views: 64
  • png_20230409_175702_0000.png
    png_20230409_175702_0000.png
    970.1 KB · Views: 64

BraveStar

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I changed alot alot of them the top was the original one and replaced it with the second one

Ah, I see. Definitely much better. But personally I'd recommend going eve a bit smaller on the text. Not too much, just make it less than 50% of the size of the thumbnail. Like maybe 40% at most.

OP
OP
Elite vr

Elite vr

Subscriber Goal
Also, take into account you're a fairly new channel with only 34 subs, a handful of videos uploaded within the last couple of months and an average of 50 views per video so in essence YouTube's algorithm has little to no idea your channel even exists yet. You have to have patience and give it time for the algorithm to at least analyze your channel with enough content on it so it can start sharing it on searches and such. At minimum 100 videos in a year or 30 in 3 months just to get started.

Also consider less bloated thumbnails. You have a ton of text on them covering what the image is thus making it harder to see what the content is. Remember, the image below is what your thumbnails would look like on mobile and desktop. Kinda small if you think about it and could seem cluttered with too much text on them. Sorry, I also tried looking for your content and even with the entire title of your videos and channel name they wouldn't show up. Likely because of what I said. Too new of a channel to be found yet.

Hope this helps.

Desktop Mobile
View attachment 13516 View attachment 13517
Ah, I see. Definitely much better. But personally I'd recommend going eve a bit smaller on the text. Not too much, just make it less than 50% of the size of the thumbnail. Like maybe 40% at most.
Iv made more changes have a look let me know what you think new thumbnails