• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube News Warning - Don't loose your channel

John on a Bike

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I just got this email below

Good afternoon! We would like to talk about the possibility of
collaboration, on your YouTube channel.
We writing to you from BlueTwelve Studio. We would like to know what you
think about paid commercial inserts of the video game "Stray" from
BlueTwelve Studio at the beginning of your future video, the duration of

the insert will only take 30 seconds. Email us as soon as possible.

I asked for more information thinking it was real and the info I got back had a file which looked like a PDF file with info but it was a file that if I had opened would have stolen my loging deails and I could have lost my channel to scammers. Please be aware and this did happen to another YouTuber (Not me thankfully) who had his channel taken over and it took a lot of work to get it back. That story came to mind when I got my second email (first one fooled me) and I thankfully never opened the file

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex Kyle and Damon

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal

I asked for more information thinking it was real and the info I got back had a file which looked like a PDF file with info but it was a file that if I had opened would have stolen my loging deails and I could have lost my channel to scammers. Please be aware and this has happened to a YouTuber who had his channel taken over and it took a lot of work to get it back. That story came to mind when I got my second email (first one fooled me) and I thankfully never opened the file

I got those BlueTwelve emails. I treated them as scammers because I am not dumb enough to believe anyone legit wants to pay me sponsorship money for my channel size. Plus, their claim was totally unrelated to my channels topics. Of course, these emails are always about gaming presumably gamer channels are easy marks.

Reactions: Alex Kyle

jawadsoomro

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
jawadsoomro1988.wixsite.com
Subscriber Goal
I never reply to sponsorship/collaboration emails. Because they are too good to be True. An year ago, my YouTube channel was hijacked by ArkStudio. It took me 2 days to recover my YouTube account. Just never respond them. Mark them Junk and do not click on the links.

Reactions: John on a Bike
OP
OP
John on a Bike

John on a Bike

I got those BlueTwelve emails. I treated them as scammers because I am not dumb enough to believe anyone legit wants to pay me sponsorship money for my channel size. Plus, their claim was totally unrelated to my channels topics. Of course, these emails are always about gaming presumably gamer channels are easy marks.

Can't decide from that if you are calling me dumb But anyway I never fell for it just the first email and nothing happened. But regarding the fact its unrelated topic to your channel is a fair point BUT there are lots of channels out there who are not gaming at all but have gaming sponsors

Alex Kyle

I asked for more information thinking it was real and the info I got back had a file which looked like a PDF file with info but it was a file that if I had opened would have stolen my loging deails and I could have lost my channel to scammers. Please be aware and this did happen to another YouTuber (Not me thankfully) who had his channel taken over and it took a lot of work to get it back. That story came to mind when I got my second email (first one fooled me) and I thankfully never opened the file
A 30 second insert at the start of your video could really dent the viewership of your 'future video'. Perhaps that's another red flag to be aware of. Glad you didn't fall victim to this

Reactions: John on a Bike
OP
OP
John on a Bike

John on a Bike

A 30 second insert at the start of your video could really dent the viewership of your 'future video'. Perhaps that's another red flag to be aware of. Glad you didn't fall victim to this

Yeah you could be right especially right at the start. No at first when I read the email I thought "What me and my small channel" then I thought well it might be possible.... but once I got the second email and noticed the file with the extension - TIP make sure in windows explorer you have "Filename Extensions' clicked so you can see all the file name of any file you might come across. - This is vital

As I said this scam caught out a top youtuber who knows his tech stuff so it can catch any one of us out

I am thinking of setting up the Google advanced protection on my account as this scam is getting worse and they (scammers) are getting more devious
The Advanced Protection Programme from Google - https://landing.google.com/advancedprotection