• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy QUESTION 4 the Big Dawgs.... Diversity SHORTS? Long Form? Growing?

RickCourtneySongs

www.rickcourtneysongs.com
Subscriber Goal
2023 is a different breed... its kind of cool on one hand ... my youtube account is over 10 years old... MySpace was the **** when I started...
so My tube account sit forever.. but my 5 albums when distro'd through CD baby was loaded to utube. Now Im retired but have good
music to sell so my attention and focus is here with youtube. Im enjoy have a buddy along the way.

This year I have dedicated to Youtube and growing... so Ive been loading shorts by remix-- not my own videos-- just remix... I raced motocross for years...
I love animals which people love and just eclectric **** I remix and post... in my two months- I have gotten over 120k views by loading 3-5-- most I did was 8
in a day and thats pushed my average above 3k daily

its weird but I know yall have experienced this-- I post and get 3k in 20 mins-- then end up a week later with 3021....

Most of the guys that know Youtube well (Big Dawgs- My AKA for them) recommend being Focused on Your Content...
what do you do when your a multitasker.... and now that SHORTS IS THE ****..... I have added ALOT of subscribers since doin shorts
not focused on my music- just what I like and being me?

Real Subscribers is one hurdle....

What do you BIG DAWGs think.... or smaller channels like me... Is it changing where multicontent is acceptable?

I aint quittin what Im doing... .... What Say You? Whats workin 4 u..... thats whats workin 4 me,

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
It depends on your goals. If this is just for fun, then do whatever you want. If you want to make money, yes, you will have to niche down and provide high-value content. If all you want to do is gain subscribers with no regard for money, then lots of shorts with some long form content. Basically it's like choosing a path at the fork of the road.

For me my niche is fishing. Well, that niche has tons of different areas. I mostly talk about handline fishing, live bait fishing, catfish angling, bluegill angling. I also do product reviews, tutorials and film all my fishing adventures in a documentary film-style. Because I'm running this as a business, I'm also running a fishing tackle shop, designing, producing custom lures and fishing tackle, and always experimenting with different methods of fishing, e.g., adapting open ocean methods for freshwater and the like.

Niche content doesn't mean you'll get bored or will run out of things to do. It all comes down to two things:
  • Do you want to be a professional?
  • Do just want to have fun?

Reactions: RickCourtneySongs
OP
OP
RickCourtneySongs

RickCourtneySongs

Subscriber Goal
My whole life- I have done what I love and have been a professional. Learning how to enjoy what you do is part of my secret to life.
Ive got a few other sites started.... Im still learning but I feel what your saying and thank you for your time.

OP
OP
RickCourtneySongs

RickCourtneySongs

Subscriber Goal
Hey Damon--- Thank you for always giving your time .... So I started a Drone channel also- approaching it like your suggesting-- just stickin to drone stuff.... lessons Ive learned- different types.... but on my songwriter life page- it pretty much represents who I am-- A fishin Beach boy who raced motocross- Flies drones and sings wherever I can.... lastly-- Man if you wanna use any of my songs- please feel freee.... Cast Away video has ALL Huge fish caught here in Carolina Beach.. Watchin the Ocean Roll Away and Life at the Beach are all upbeat beach tunes- Castaway is straight FISHIN..... Thanks again...Whats your favorite fishin... Flounder 4 me....Rick

• Love
Reactions: Damon