• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Where do you promote your youtube video?

cubeytcl

Hi guys, just wonder where do you promtoe your youtube videos?
seems like just sit here and wait for view isn't working. :/

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
According to SocialBlade you've had almost 50k views the past month and 47 new subs.

You should be over 1000 subs in the next month. And maybe at that point focus more on your long form videos so you can get more watch hours. ? ? ? But overall, it doesn't look like your channel is doing that bad at all!

I agree she isn't doing bad at this stage of the game. Her channel is growing faster than mine I have to say.

OP
OP
cubeytcl

cubeytcl

Thanks for the advice! Yeah, I'm considering focusing on my longer videos; however, most of my videos have copyrighted content. I actually don't think I'll meet the monetization requirements, haha.

I've created another channel for my self-made animations. I thought about uploading them to my current channel, but I think it might be a bad idea because the niches are so different. I've uploaded unrelated content to my channel before, and I could tell it affected the algorithm.

So, yeah, I'm building another channel from scratch, while keeping my current one for the motivation to practice guitar.

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
Thanks for the advice! Yeah, I'm considering focusing on my longer videos; however, most of my videos have copyrighted content. I actually don't think I'll meet the monetization requirements, haha.

Now this is where it gets interesting and I admit I'm not 100% sure how it works... but... I think after you get 1000 subs and 4000 watch hours.. you might still be able to monetize certain videos even though others cannot be monetized.

For instance, what if you started sharing personal experiences, reviews about guitars, strings, music reactions, your journey about learning the guitar, progress videos, learning scales, learning chords, etc, etc, those types of videos would never get flagged for copyright issues. I'd be willing to bet a lot of your subs are not subscribing just because of your guitar playing skills, they are subscribing because of you.

So you can take advantage of that by creating content with a lot more "you" in it and those are the videos that can be monetized. Several music channels I subscribe to seem to take a similar approach, they do a lot of music "covers" to get subs and then they put out these more personal videos of them talking about life experiences, reviews, reactions, maybe some original music ideas, etc, etc. So maybe that's something to consider for you as well.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal

I've created another channel for my self-made animations. I thought about uploading them to my current channel, but I think it might be a bad idea because the niches are so different. I've uploaded unrelated content to my channel before, and I could tell it affected the algorithm.

So, yeah, I'm building another channel from scratch, while keeping my current one for the motivation to practice guitar.

Based on my first impressions, I would not be too quick to start another channel. You are pretty close to monetization. I would see it through. Also, you can also prune your channel of videos that you feel might hurt your monetization efforts. Starting over from scratch is not the preferred path for someone like you who have seems to have come so far.

Plenty of established Youtubers have, along the way, occasionally pruned their channel to tighten up their channel presentation.

OP
OP
cubeytcl

cubeytcl

Thank you so much for all the advices, it helps alot! I will think of some long videos idea and get ready for monetization (if I passed the review haha)

OP
OP
cubeytcl

cubeytcl

I actually think I should upload my self-made animation on my current channel, gonna create a new playlist for it.
I see some other youtuber they have few playlist with different niche. and I always upload random stuff (food, Dogs, life) on Shorts anyway.

However, I am prepare to lose few subscribers by doing that

jawadsoomro

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
jawadsoomro1988.wixsite.com
Subscriber Goal
I promote my videos everywhere.
1. Tubebuddy forum thread
2. Facebook page and group, and even reels
3. Instagram posts and reels
4. Tiktok videos
5. Twitter posts
6. Quora posts
7. Linkedin posts
8. Whatsapp status
I get lot of views even if I am sleeping. I think you need to promote everywhere relevant to your niche.

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
I actually think I should upload my self-made animation on my current channel,

Yes! But...you may want to consider introducing the animation first by talking about why/how you did it, as you're holding the guitar and jamming to a few riffs, chords, etc, and then fade out to the animation. This way you're still giving your users some guitar jams but also showing another side of yourself to them. ;)

• Love
Reactions: cubeytcl
OP
OP
cubeytcl

cubeytcl

Thank you for your idea, I just made a video with my character talking and introducing a place in Japan.
I think something like this will work :D