• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Any updates and Cards and End Screens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
I just noticed on Youtube that the notice about the issues with cards and end screens was changed from, "We are working on it." to "They are permanently gone". Since both of these were features of the Pro license, and now are gone, am just wondering if they get replaced by other features. It seems all new features that TB has come out within the last year are only for Legend or Star. Without cards and end screen, there now very little of real significance that separates the Free version and Pro.

Reactions: Jazz Wealth

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I just noticed on Youtube that the notice about the issues with cards and end screens was changed from, "We are working on it." to "They are permanently gone". Since both of these were features of the Pro license, and now are gone, am just wondering if they get replaced by other features. It seems all new features that TB has come out within the last year are only for Legend or Star. Without cards and end screen, there now very little of real significance that separates the Free version and Pro.

Heya! Sorry for the delayed response.

Yes, to begin with, bulk end screen and card template were Star license features, as far as I know, they weren't part of the Pro license, never were but I might be wrong so we can get it checked in a bit.

This is what I am talking about.
View attachment 13501

This is saying that the feature is gone for good. Okay, I get it. But my question is, when they do find a new feature, will it be part of the Pro license, or will it be a Legend only thing like every other new feature that has come out in the last couple years. I mean, without Cards and End Screens features, there is pretty much not reason to even pay for pro anymore, as most features are the same as the Free version.

Unfortunately, the above is indeed correct. Due to industrial changes and as well, changes in YouTube API have restricted our developers to continue providing the Star license features, which is why we have taken off the Star license, all together and we're working on something better for our existing license, that's Pro and Legend. We really understand how frustrating it is for our TubeBuddy users, and that's why we're doing our best to try behind the scene to see If we can find any workaround to bring back, but we wouldn't want to give our members false hope. Hence, it'd be fair to say that the chances of such a license being revived and put forward for usage are next to impossible at the moment. The features Bulk Find, Replace & Append, and Bulk Thumbnail Overlays are still available for your use.

As far as the new features go, yes, we're working on bringing up some latest features, such as Shorts Suggestors, which has been recently rolled out to our members for both the licenses (Pro and Legends), and there are more to come.

Trust me. We're all indeed disappointed with how things panned out as Bulk update cards and end screens were prominent feature Star license, but we have to adapt and adopt and move on to find something better as nothing last permanent hence, the only option here is to bring new features for our end users and behind-the-scene, we as will do our best to keep trying to find some workarounds but that's it...

Hope this helps :)

OP
OP
The Jungle Explorer

The Jungle Explorer

TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello @The Jungle Explorer ,

I personally am not aware of any updates on this issue but I'll see what I can find out and try to give you an answer as soon as possible. Thank you.

1680314587655.png

This is saying that the feature is gone for good. Okay, I get it. But my question is, when they do find a new feature, will it be part of the Pro license, or will it be a Legend only thing like every other new feature that has come out in the last couple years. I mean, without Cards and End Screens features, there is pretty much not reason to even pay for pro anymore, as most features are the same as the Free version.

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal

Yes, to begin with, bulk end screen and card template were Star license features, as far as I know, they weren't part of the Pro license, never were but I might be wrong so we can get it checked in a bit.

View attachment 13501

Unfortunately, the above is indeed correct. Due to industrial changes and as well, changes in YouTube API have restricted our developers to continue providing the Star license features, which is why we have taken off the Star license, all together and we're working on something better for our existing license, that's Pro and Legend. We really understand how frustrating it is for our TubeBuddy users, and that's why we're doing our best to try behind the scene to see If we can find any workaround to bring back, but we wouldn't want to give our members false hope. Hence, it'd be fair to say that the chances of such a license being revived and put forward for usage are next to impossible at the moment. The features Bulk Find, Replace & Append, and Bulk Thumbnail Overlays are still available for your use.

As far as the new features go, yes, we're working on bringing up some latest features, such as Shorts Suggestors, which has been recently rolled out to our members for both the licenses (Pro and Legends), and there are more to come.

Trust me. We're all indeed disappointed with how things panned out as Bulk update cards and end screens were prominent feature Star license, but we have to adapt and adopt and move on to find something better as nothing last permanent hence, the only option here is to bring new features for our end users and behind-the-scene, we as will do our best to keep trying to find some workarounds but that's it...

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
It's possible I missed it elsewhere but I like the explanation and clarity written here to clarity what is going on. I was wondering what happened to Star altogether since it just vanished with little explanation. And it has been clear for a long while something has been going on but in the background. But not all of what happens makes it out. Mostly vague comments and references.

Having said that, thank you for giving more clarity and background here.

OP
OP
The Jungle Explorer

The Jungle Explorer

TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal

Thanks. I really appreciate it. YouTube just seems to be determined to make things more difficult every day. I know it's not TB's fault. It just means more work for you guys too. Thanks for all your hard work.

Reactions: Nody | Team TB
Status
Not open for further replies.