• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question None of my videos are going viral while someone else is copying them

Zooky

So i've been making good content with my own voice overs etc, barely hitting 30 views a video. I came across this channel copying my videos, even my thumbnails and he is getting 20k+ views a video?! 1 video even hit 70k views in less then 24h. I'm very confused as to why this is happening. I don't mind him stealing my content i'm just more worried that my videos arent hitting those numbers but on his channel they are sort of going viral each time.

Anyone that would have an explanation for this?

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
1) What is your channel?
2) What is the copycat's channel?
3) How did you find this out?

You said you're doing voice overs... of what... your own original content or someone else's content?

OP
OP
Zooky

Zooky

1) What is your channel?
2) What is the copycat's channel?
3) How did you find this out?

You said you're doing voice overs... of what... your own original content or someone else's content?

Does it really matter what my channel and his channel is? I do voice overs on populair scenes from tv shows such as shark tank, court cams etc. I found out when i woke up went to youtube and his video was on my recommended feed. Point is that it's my video's aren't doing well but his videos are, while it's a 1-1 copy from the videos i made and edited with the same title and thumbnail. He literally downloaded them and reuploaded the videos. I could strike him but i'm gonna wait some time until i get this figured out

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
Does it really matter what my channel and his channel is?

yes, because you posted in a public forum and it would greatly help others understand how it could happen to them and to verify what you're saying is a legit concern, especially since it was your first post in the forum. I would mainly be interested in the copycat's channel. Especially if it was already a large channel, because it would surprise me they would do that. A smaller, start up channel, etc, would certainly take more risks, since there is nothing to lose.

I do voice overs on populair scenes from tv shows such as shark tank, court cams etc. I found out when i woke up went to youtube and his video was on my recommended feed.

For your channel to have only 30+ views per video, and the copycat's getting 20-70k per video, there's something crazy going on for sure. Maybe the other channel is large and doesn't care about some videos being demonetized and is just growing the channel. Since both of you are reusing content (yours from someone else, theirs from yours) , it could be a tough argument for a copyright strike, at the least you might get the video demonetized if the other channel is monetized. But now that the other channel has your channel on it's radar, that sucks, and could be a drawn out entanglement. I hope other more experienced youtubers chime in with proper advice, because I'm not sure what I would do in this situation. Good luck.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Does it really matter what my channel and his channel is? I do voice overs on populair scenes from tv shows such as shark tank, court cams etc. I found out when i woke up went to youtube and his video was on my recommended feed. Point is that it's my video's aren't doing well but his videos are, while it's a 1-1 copy from the videos i made and edited with the same title and thumbnail. He literally downloaded them and reuploaded the videos. I could strike him but i'm gonna wait some time until i get this figured out

The reason why your content is so copyable (based on your description) is the fact that you are not on camera doing these voiceover comments. It should be interesting you trying to do a copyright strike when most of your content belongs to others. Doing voiceovers over TV shows (in my view) is not a significant value-add.

And the fact that you are reluctant to share your channel to someone that is trying to help you is also very.... interesting. Why the reluctance?

OP
OP
Zooky

Zooky

The reason why your content is so copyable (based on your description) is the fact that you are not on camera doing these voiceover comments. It should be interesting you trying to do a copyright strike when most of your content belongs to others. Doing voiceovers over TV shows (in my view) is not a significant value-add.

And the fact that you are reluctant to share your channel to someone that is trying to help you is also very.... interesting. Why the reluctance?

It's the exact same content, its my video he just downloaded and reuploaded with same title & thumbnail but my video only got 30 views while his got over 50k. It's a good video it has nothing to do with the fact if it brings value or not. People enjoy the niche and they watch the entire thing based on my previous videos which did go viral, i don't do a voice over the entire way only on some exciting parts i add a voice over on whats happening etc. I've generated over 10k watch hours on 1 video on the same channel in the same niche, same editing style, so people clearly enjoy watching it.

With that out of the way, I do not share the channel because it's a cashcow channel, i have plenty other cashcow channels i run with a team in different niches. Lifestyle, Finance, Travling and more. I'm just confused that the fact he made a brand new youtube account, downloaded my video, reuploaded it and it went viral while mine was already online for 2 days with 30 views. Not that it bothers me i'm just interested as to why this happend.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
He could be buying views, which is against YouTube policy, btw. Just because you see 20k to 70k views doesn't mean those views came from real people.

What's most concerning is you describe this as a cash cow channel, yet the basis of your content is someone else's content. Yet, when someone rips off your content, you complain because they have more views. This wreaks of envy. The both of you are potentially wrong. The bank robber can't call a common thief bad. The fact that you don't want to share your channel only adds to this negative perception. Yet, you expect us to figure out what's going on without any way to truly help you.

• Love
Reactions: MattCommand1

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
It's the exact same content, its my video he just downloaded and reuploaded with same title & thumbnail but my video only got 30 views while his got over 50k. It's a good video it has nothing to do with the fact if it brings value or not. People enjoy the niche and they watch the entire thing based on my previous videos which did go viral, i don't do a voice over the entire way only on some exciting parts i add a voice over on whats happening etc. I've generated over 10k watch hours on 1 video on the same channel in the same niche, same editing style, so people clearly enjoy watching it.

With that out of the way, I do not share the channel because it's a cashcow channel, i have plenty other cashcow channels i run with a team in different niches. Lifestyle, Finance, Travling and more. I'm just confused that the fact he made a brand new youtube account, downloaded my video, reuploaded it and it went viral while mine was already online for 2 days with 30 views. Not that it bothers me i'm just interested as to why this happend.

It's obvious viewers are "enjoying" it or you would not be complaining about it. And the guy obviously thought it was "copyable". It also seems odd to me that you claim it doesn't "bother" you. You are only "interested" in this as an intellectual exercise?

People lift videos because they are low-lifes and they can get away with it and it appears that there is little that you can do at the moment. As I said earlier, I think it might be hard to complain to YT about it given that your underlying video is show clips from content owned by others.

I don't think YT (or most original-form creators) will be too sympathetic to your situation if it all came to the light of day for everyone to see. People have to pick and choose their battles. Since you have a "team" working for you with all your "cashcow channels", you might want to ask them given the fact that none of us have any context to your question or complaint.

• Love
Reactions: Damon

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
What's most concerning is you describe this as a cash cow channel, yet the basis of your content is someone else's content. Yet, when someone rips off your content, you complain because they have more views. This wreaks of envy. The both of you are potentially wrong. The bank robber can't call a common thief bad. The fact that you don't want to share your channel only adds to this negative perception. Yet, you expect us to figure out what's going on without any way to truly help you.

It's like running the police and saying "that guy robbed me of the drug money that I rightfully earned".

The underlying act is questionable to begin with. But then there is a complaint when that same questionable act is used against them.

And they won't show the "proof" of what happened because someone might scrutinize it too closely.

For someone who has a "team" that produces "cashcow" videos, it is perplexing to me that this is a thing.

And yes, I understand that some people prefer anonymity for various reasons but there is little incentive to think too hard trying to imagine a hidden channel based on vague descriptions.

• Love
Reactions: Damon