• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Not getting any views

Elite vr

Subscriber Goal
My videos have stopped getting views even the new ones I'm uploading I really could do with some help I haven't had anyone view them for weeks now

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
Just my potentially worthless opinion....
1) Remove any videos not related to your current target of Q2 gaming. (Baby vids, truck sim, PS4 games, etc)
2) If you're re-using content (trailers, game play, etc) Youtube knows this and could be limiting your reach.
3) " WELCOME TO THE VR-KING CHANNEL." or is it "Elite Vr". ?

Seems like you're channel is basically a SEO mess. You may want to spend a few days, weeks, sorting out what you want to do long term and update (if needed) your channel name, desc, videos, etc, etc, to make sure they are all targeting the same thing.

Reactions: Xavier De Buck
OP
OP
Elite vr

Elite vr

Subscriber Goal
Thanks it's abit all over the place cos iv been trying different things lol

OP
OP
Elite vr

Elite vr

Subscriber Goal
I just set all the baby videos and the truck simulator ones to private and that

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
Ask yourself, "Why would anyone want to watch my video over the million other gaming channels?" The gaming genre is bloated with people playing games and recording them, thinking other people will want to watch them play. There was a time, way back in the beginning when people used to do this. Today though, you have to bring more to the table if you want to succeed as a gaming channel. Also, your thumbnails are way too busy. You need to have no more than three words on them, maybe four.

Additionally, right now, views in the long-form content area are very hard because the YouTube algorithm is only promoting Shorts. This means that if you want views, you are going to have to drum them up yourself. Do your due diligence on your SEO using Tubebuddy. It will not help you win the race, it just gets you to the starting line, but at least you are in the game.

Last edited:

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
Additionally, right now, views in the long-form content area are very hard because the YouTube algorithm is only promoting Shorts.

We've already established this isn't 100% fact, based on a previous discussion in the forum detailing the rows of longs vs shorts being displayed on the channel home page. (Results were way more long form rows being displayed.) Plus I removed shorts from one of my channels a while back and it's continuing to get get acceptable views and subs.

The Jungle Explorer

TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
We've already established this isn't 100% fact, based on a previous discussion in the forum detailing the rows of longs vs shorts being displayed on the channel home page. (Results were way more long form rows being displayed.) Plus I removed shorts from one of my channels a while back and it's continuing to get get acceptable views and subs.

I was talking to Elite VR. Again, you are not required to comment on my posts. It's called self-control, try it.

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
gain, you are not required to comment on my posts.

lol.. You post your points of view and want to push it on people as 100% fact and now someone is calling you out for it and you don't like it. lol.. You're like that one guy in every Facebook product group that has been burned by the manufacturer and it's your crusade to make sure no one else buys that product ever again. lol.. too funny...

Thanks it's abit all over the place cos iv been trying different things lol

I've done that myself, but everything I've read tells me any little adjustment, video thumbnails, video descriptions, channel descriptions, channel banners, etc, can cause the YouTube AI thingy to re-index the data on your channel in an attempt to better recommend your videos and depending what you read, can take hours or weeks before getting results. One thing I've learned the hard way with YouTube in 2022 and beyond is, it definitely seems like it's better to have a very narrow focused channel, at the least for the first 50-100 videos.

The Jungle Explorer

TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
lol.. You post your points of view and want to push it on people as 100% fact and now someone is calling you out for it and you don't like it. lol.. You're like that one guy in every Facebook product group that has been burned by the manufacturer and it's your crusade to make sure no one else buys that product ever again. lol.. too funny...

I've done that myself, but everything I've read tells me any little adjustment, video thumbnails, video descriptions, channel descriptions, channel banners, etc, can cause the YouTube AI thingy to re-index the data on your channel in an attempt to better recommend your videos and depending what you read, can take hours or weeks before getting results. One thing I've learned the hard way with YouTube in 2022 and beyond is, it definitely seems like it's better to have a very narrow focused channel, at the least for the first 50-100 videos.

All I am saying is that, if you don't like what I have to say, just move on. You don't see my chasing you around attacking you and insulting you every time you post something. It's obvious that you don't like me. Okay. I think everyone here is very clear on your emotional bias against me. But my goodness man, try to act like an adult and move on. Show some maturity, or at least try to behave like an adult, even if it does not come naturally to you.

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
All I am saying is that, if you don't like what I have to say, just move on. You don't see my chasing you around attacking you and insulting you every time you post something.

On the contrary... I encourage everyone to have open discussion on anything I say. And unlike you, I am not attacking you, I am replying to your posts about YouTube and always trying to come across as a source of 100% "fact". Case in point...

the YouTube algorithm is only promoting Shorts

Now go back and read my reply, it was not personal at all. It was just a counter to your perceived statement of fact. You're the one making things personal with everyone of your replies.

Again, you are not required to comment on my posts. It's called self-control, try it.

So you want your posts to be taken as fact, without any replies...got it. Obviously you're not used to being called out publicly. Sorry.... you can't have your social cake and eat it too. I have zero desire to make this personal, but I (and others) are simply tired of your constant rhetoric banter about how bad youtube is, how you've moved on to greener pastures, how everything you post is supposed to be 100% fact, yada...yada...yada.

• Haha
Reactions: The Jungle Explorer