• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered How to get TB to recoginize "Get a Facebook Like" as part of best practices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolyn C

Hi There,
As part of the TB best practices when in Studio it wants to confirm a Like to the video on FB. How to make sure this happens? As FB negatively scores my FB post if I post the YT video directly in a FB post I typically create a post in FB announcing my new video and then in the comments of that same FB post I post a link to the YT Video there and then like that link. TB does not recognize this as a "like". The thing is I have tried to actually post the video directly in a FB post and like it as well but TB still (for me at least) has not recognized this as a like in TB's best practices. Please advise.

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Hi There,
As part of the TB best practices when in Studio it wants to confirm a Like to the video on FB. How to make sure this happens? As FB negatively scores my FB post if I post the YT video directly in a FB post I typically create a post in FB announcing my new video and then in the comments of that same FB post I post a link to the YT Video there and then like that link. TB does not recognize this as a "like". The thing is I have tried to actually post the video directly in a FB post and like it as well but TB still (for me at least) has not recognized this as a like in TB's best practices. Please advise.

Heya!

So let me explain how Facebook/Meta likes work when it comes to TubeBuddy. When you post a video link directly by copying the URL and then pasting it on your profile page or let's say sharing it with someone, it won't be considered a "like". For it to be considered as a like, it has to be shared to a page. This page could be anything, such as your own Facebook handle page (not your profile), gaming promotion groups or pages and so on.

To ensure that you're performing it in the right way, you can consider using the "Share Tracker" feature of TubeBuddy, click on Facebook and that will open up a new tab where it will ask you to where you wish to self-promote your video;

1679724109367.png

1679724129065.png
1679724143616.png

Now, you can either select "Share in a group" and type the name of the group you wish to share, this could be your own gaming channel page or your own profile feed. It will definitely show your profile feed as an option; however, as far as I remember, it may or may not be considered a "like" so it's recommended that you try to go for the groups and as well other options, for a safer side.

Another way is quite simple, If you wish to avoid such hassle of heading to the share-tracker option, you can simply copy the link of your video and head directly to Meta/Facebook, quickly go to the "groups" header which appears on the left side.

1679724553228.png

When you click on it, it will show up all the groups you're part of, this will include the pages you handle; then you just have to paste the link in such groups and it's done.

It's definitely recommended that you do your best to share the video with the right audience however, to make sure we're on the same page, here "likes" basically mean how many times your video was shared on the Facebook page or a group. If the same video is being shared in multiple pages or groups, for instance, 20 groups, your likes will be shown as "20" and so on.

Hope this helps :)

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Hi There,

Heya!

So let me explain how Facebook/Meta likes work when it comes to TubeBuddy. When you post a video link directly by copying the URL and then pasting it on your profile page or let's say sharing it with someone, it won't be considered a "like". For it to be considered as a like, it has to be shared to a page. This page could be anything, such as your own Facebook handle page (not your profile), gaming promotion groups or pages and so on.

To ensure that you're performing it in the right way, you can consider using the "Share Tracker" feature of TubeBuddy, click on Facebook and that will open up a new tab where it will ask you to where you wish to self-promote your video;

1679724109367.png

1679724129065.png
1679724143616.png

Now, you can either select "Share in a group" and type the name of the group you wish to share, this could be your own gaming channel page or your own profile feed. It will definitely show your profile feed as an option; however, as far as I remember, it may or may not be considered a "like" so it's recommended that you try to go for the groups and as well other options, for a safer side.

Another way is quite simple, If you wish to avoid such hassle of heading to the share-tracker option, you can simply copy the link of your video and head directly to Meta/Facebook, quickly go to the "groups" header which appears on the left side.

1679724553228.png

When you click on it, it will show up all the groups you're part of, this will include the pages you handle; then you just have to paste the link in such groups and it's done.

It's definitely recommended that you do your best to share the video with the right audience however, to make sure we're on the same page, here "likes" basically mean how many times your video was shared on the Facebook page or a group. If the same video is being shared in multiple pages or groups, for instance, 20 groups, your likes will be shown as "20" and so on.

Hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.