• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Lifestyle Channel NEWBIE You Tuber who is looking for lots of constructive critiscm!

Bod68

TubeBuddy Pro
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
User name: Bod68
Title of introduction: NEWBIE You Tuber who is looking for lots of constructive critiscm!
Your name/ Alias: Andrew
Where are you from? United Kingdom
How did you find TubeBuddy? Google, Facebook
What made you join the TubeBuddy forums? I would like suggestions and feedback where I need to improve. Any help is 'greatly' appreciated!
What would you like to accomplish with your channel: Lots of followers, lots of subscribers and most importantly a channel where I can share information and let people make new friends.
How frequently do you upload? Weekly normally
What are your hobbies? Vlogging, sport, travelling
What is your biggest dream? I would obviously like my channel to improve and go viral and make money, but that is a LONG way off!
YouTube Channel Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0yI0VS4tB7xF7kISH0PuaA

The Swiss Hiker

TubeBuddy User
theswisshiker.ch
Subscriber Goal
Welcome Andrew, as you wished some critismism, I try to give you my impressions. Please take them as a chance to get better and not as a putting you down.

1. Create a useful thumbnail theme and stick to it. A good tool to create thumbnails is canva.com. It is free but also has some Premium stuff. I have the free version and use it to creat thumbnails for my R & Stats channel. Or you can do them with a tool like Photoshop (expensensive) or Gimp (free), which is harder but gives you also more freedom. I use photoshop for my Hiking/Traveling channel.
2. Tell a story with your videos: I watched the Asda video and liked the cuting of the video, but the content seemed boring to me. Why should I watch it? What do you want to tell me with it? Your channel topic is similar to mine, feel free to get inspired and make it even better then I.
3. Title: Create a nice catchy title. Nobody cares about the date in the title, if you want to say the date, do it in the video.

At the moment your channel feels more like somebody who just found out that YouTube exists and randomly upload videos. But I hope my feedback helps you getting better, because sports/traveling has a lot of potential (and I would only vlogg about topics related to your channel, if you start vlogging about your gaming night, people won't sub you or unsubscribe (or just not watch anymore) because they think that they do not get what they subscribed for. Good luck for your channel. Best, Benjamin

Reactions: Bod68
OP
OP
Bod68

Bod68

TubeBuddy Pro
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Welcome Andrew, as you wished some critismism, I try to give you my impressions. Please take them as a chance to get better and not as a putting you down.

1. Create a useful thumbnail theme and stick to it. A good tool to create thumbnails is canva.com. It is free but also has some Premium stuff. I have the free version and use it to creat thumbnails for my R & Stats channel. Or you can do them with a tool like Photoshop (expensensive) or Gimp (free), which is harder but gives you also more freedom. I use photoshop for my Hiking/Traveling channel.
2. Tell a story with your videos: I watched the Asda video and liked the cuting of the video, but the content seemed boring to me. Why should I watch it? What do you want to tell me with it? Your channel topic is similar to mine, feel free to get inspired and make it even better then I.
3. Title: Create a nice catchy title. Nobody cares about the date in the title, if you want to say the date, do it in the video.

At the moment your channel feels more like somebody who just found out that YouTube exists and randomly upload videos. But I hope my feedback helps you getting better, because sports/traveling has a lot of potential (and I would only vlogg about topics related to your channel, if you start vlogging about your gaming night, people won't sub you or unsubscribe (or just not watch anymore) because they think that they do not get what they subscribed for. Good luck for your channel. Best, Benjamin
Thanks for your feedback Benjamin, some good points there. I do feel I started small and quite good. Hardest bit is learning good editing techniques as well so learning all the time. I'm sure in 6 months I will look back and laugh at my first attempts. When you speak about thumbnails- I have a thumbnail from my site but what use does it actually do apart from showing my site with a picture?

I do appreciate your feedback and don't mind you ripping shreads out of it! :joy:

The Swiss Hiker

TubeBuddy User
theswisshiker.ch
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for your feedback Benjamin, some good points there. I do feel I started small and quite good. Hardest bit is learning good editing techniques as well so learning all the time. I'm sure in 6 months I will look back and laugh at my first attempts. When you speak about thumbnails- I have a thumbnail from my site but what use does it actually do apart from showing my site with a picture?

I do appreciate your feedback and don't mind you ripping shreads out of it! :joy:

You need thumbnails for your videos. When the YouTube algorithm shows your videos to people all they see is the thumbnail and the title. They decide on those two things if they click on the video or not. If they click the content decides how much of the video they see. The longer the better. Based on click and watch percentage the algorithm decides if they video is interesting or not and if it should display it to more people.

jawadsoomro

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
jawadsoomro1988.wixsite.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello Andrew. Welcome to the forum. I know going viral and making money off on YouTube is very difficult. But, one day you will be rewarded for your Hard work. Keep grinding.

britaku

britaku.jcink.net
Subscriber Goal
Hello Bod68 and welcome to the TubeBuddy's forum! It's great to have you here as a fellow YouTuber and a member of this amazing community. As a newbie YouTuber, we understand that you may be seeking lots of constructive criticism to improve your content, and we assure you that this forum is the perfect place to get valuable feedback from experienced creators. On behalf of myself, Britaku, a new member of this forum and the owner of a news and blogging forum, I want to extend a warm welcome and let you know that we're all here to support and learn from each other. Don't hesitate to ask any questions or share your ideas, and we look forward to seeing your content and growth as a creator.