• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Location setting

foxtarion

Could someone please give me some advice on how to set up the accessibility of my videos? I set everything in my channel to English - video titles, captions, tags, everything. And according to analytics, all my visitors are only from the Czech Republic (my location). What else should I set differently? Thank you.

The Boozebuddy

TubeBuddy User
boozebuddyupdate.com
Subscriber Goal
Could someone please give me some advice on how to set up the accessibility of my videos? I set everything in my channel to English - video titles, captions, tags, everything. And according to analytics, all my visitors are only from the Czech Republic (my location). What else should I set differently? Thank you.
Sounds like you're trying to taget other coutnries, but YouTube is big on displaying only to people locally (especially with Shorts). You could try to use a VPN to select a different country/region, upload through that, and see if it helps?

Bulltahr

Motorcycles, since the 80's......
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I asked this same question some time ago, no definetive answers here, but using a VPN may help for uploading, although remember you channel location and everything else you do, including your gmail account will say otherwise.........
I'm interested to hear if anyone has any actual facts about it, as I also want to target outside of my own region..

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I asked this same question some time ago, no definetive answers here, but using a VPN may help for uploading, although remember you channel location and everything else you do, including your gmail account will say otherwise.........
I'm interested to hear if anyone has any actual facts about it, as I also want to target outside of my own region..

Are you actually speaking English in your video? I think YT is smart enough to know whether your content is intended for an English audience or not. A lot of people who don't speak English want to break into the English-speaking market but that probably won't happen if you don't have English content. Putting up written words, captions, etc. is not enough.

If you don't speak English well, it is going to be difficult to get in front of English-speaking audiences. I've heard some of the robo-speak junk too. yes, it is English but I think a lot of people are not going to be interested in robo-speak English either.

OP
OP
foxtarion

foxtarion

Actually, it helped a bit. I have viewers from US since first day I started use VPN. But as you mentioned, there are probably more factors that matters. I can not have VPN on all the time, cause it is slowing down my connection and it is not cooperating with all of my PC apps which have to be in my local settings. Anyway it is better then before, so thanks for advice once more The Boozebuddy

Reactions: The Boozebuddy

The Boozebuddy

TubeBuddy User
boozebuddyupdate.com
Subscriber Goal
Actually, it helped a bit. I have viewers from US since first day I started use VPN. But as you mentioned, there are probably more factors that matters. I can not have VPN on all the time, cause it is slowing down my connection and it is not cooperating with all of my PC apps which have to be in my local settings. Anyway it is better then before, so thanks for advice once more The Boozebuddy
Glad it's helping! Keep us updated