• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Auto Captions or create your own?

Tony4x4

Hi there,
I have a brand new YouTube channel, 0 subscribers, 0 videos :) , however subscribed to TubeBuddy.
I am busy prepping my 1st video and the question is, does it matter whether to use Auto Captions or spend the time to create your own in Premiere Pro.
Thanks
Tony

ongkewei

Subscriber Goal
Hi Tony, I also recently create my own YouTube channel. So far what I had learn and it just my own personal opinion, as for now I been creating my own captions because we are and now is the best time to learn as much as we can to produce better quality video in future instead rely on Auto Caption. But there no harm if you decided to use Auto Caption, just make sure you reviews it and adjust according to your video

Cheers to your first video!!!

jawadsoomro

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
jawadsoomro1988.wixsite.com
Subscriber Goal
I usually dont create the captions in Premiere Pro. Rather, I create the TXT file of subtitles/captions, and then I upload that to YouTube auto-sync captions. It takes a day or two for YouTube to sync my captions with my voice.
Also, if I add captions in premiere pro, then those captions will be stuck to the video forever. I mean, we cant edit later. But YouTube subtitles can be edited any time. Also, the captions on YouTube can be auto-translated into many languages to many viewers around the world.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I let YT auto caption the vids. Sometimes I go back and check for accuracy, but not as much as I used to. The auto captions have gotten a lot better. Less than 10% of my viewers use captions, so I do not spend a lot of time on them.

I, on the other hand, always use captions when viewing.

Reactions: MattCommand1

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Adding those 'burned in' captions in your video does help... there is a reason Mr. Beast does it. But despite that it also helps to actually edit the auto-captions that YouTube provides for your videos. Doing so allows you to translate the captions so that viewers can view your content in different languages.

I know it is a pain, and I don't advise that you necessarily need to caption every word in your video... but it is a good practice for a lot of creators.