• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Need some help, Changing up my YouTube

Spray Paint David

TubeBuddy Pro
Hello this is my first post aster the introduction post and I checked around the forum and noticed quite few users who seam to be really educated in regards to Youtube and other platforms and how things work.
I started spray painting and really speaking I got inspired by other creators that done similar content to mine on Youtube and TikTok witch was mainly Spray Painting Planets.
So I spent some money and got my self my firs 8 cans to try to replicate them, quickly I realised I'm not too bad and asked few friends and they didn't believe me I made them, so I though I could maybe sell the drawings online or maybe even go out on the street in summer and do ''street art'' in some town or beach and make like little side hustle.

After multiple drawings, I also though that - look if I'm learning and doing the paintings and I always wanted to have a YouTube channel why not make some videos and possibly earn few bucks from it, lets say in a year of two that would be great. And also it would be like a advertisement for my work and possibly could generate a sale from a Etsy store.

As I have had little channels previously in my life I did know that a channel name is a important aspect of Youtube and everything that I could think of that would include my real name or my niche was taken, then I though how popular the ASMR niche is and the can shaking and spraying could be something the people could like, so I put the ASMR on my name - SprayASMR done some research on the name it self and it seamed like a good choice at the time.

I opened the account and secured my unique URL and posted few videos, as I kept doing more and more research I noticed that the Spray Painting niche is slowly dying, and the ASMR is a niche where people don't just want to listen to spray paintings being made, they like all sorts of other sounds and noises that I'm unable to create and my name wouldn't allow me to create sine I'm a spray paint channel.

So now this is what bugs me,
I cant create other type of videos since my name and URL have ASMR in it, and if I did it would be kind of misleading and I'm worried it will effect my search results.
If I do change the channel name to lets say David Does Spraypainting the channel URL will say SprayASMR.
I paid a yearly subscription to Pro License under a SprayASMR channel so I cant change it.
And I am ranking pretty good where ever I am trying to go and I think I even ranked highly in ASMR tag for a little while now I'm 25th. with 13 subs...
Also I'm not sure how long this spray paint planet drawing will be interesting for people, and when it dies technically my channel will die too.

Maybe I'm overthinking but I would also like to put so much time and effort into something that will collapse and end up being waste.
Should I maybe stop and create a new channel and start over with a better brand name? And if so where can I get some help in creating a new name as the online stuff seams so common.
Even my real name is taken.

Bdominique

I think if you're not going to do asmr, you may not want to have that in your channel name. It would be easier to start fresh since you're still a small account.

If you wanted to combine both art and asmr, that's very doable.

Whatever you do, let your channel content be cohesive. If you do asmr, there should be no question I'm going to find asmr there. If you're going to do just art, everything should be art.

Now, I know some art channels may randomly feature an asmr style vid. And that's cool because sometimes art can have asmr vibes. But those channels overall are about art and not necessarily asmr. So they wouldn't title themselves as such.

Definitely something to think about as you go forward.

Reactions: Spray Paint David

Bdominique

I like your videos. They're definitely asmr for me and awesome art. If you feel passionately about it and wanted to continue with that I think you'll do well and grow.

Some ideas for other sounds:

Rustling of your gloves
Wiping off the surface before you start
Crinkling paper towel

There's many things you can do and it can even evolve as you go if you didnt want to specifically do spray paint asmr but still have asmr included with your paintings.

• Love
OP
OP
Spray Paint David

Spray Paint David

TubeBuddy Pro
I like your videos. They're definitely asmr for me and awesome art. If you feel passionately about it and wanted to continue with that I think you'll do well and grow.

Some ideas for other sounds:

Rustling of your gloves
Wiping off the surface before you start
Crinkling paper towel

There's many things you can do and it can even evolve as you go if you didnt want to specifically do spray paint asmr but still have asmr included with your paintings.

Woow thank you very much for your input and IΓÇÖm glad you liked the art

And those are some great ideas for future videos thank you.

I do think IΓÇÖm onto something but IΓÇÖm trying to look into future potential, like you say if ASMR is something someone is looking for this would be a destination, the only concern I have is that this sort of asmr does not seam to be very popular and when I look around I see majority of creators gaining 10-70k views in around 4-6 years and with occasional viral one.

That makes me think the potential of earning in future look on the minimum.

I was thinking it would be nice to make custom paintings for people, maybe do some sort of reviews of tools I use and paints, how to videos and continue the same videos I make currently.

But then again I guess there is not much stoping me from doing that now, and I should stop thinking so much about my name and URL

Bdominique

I was thinking it would be nice to make custom paintings for people, maybe do some sort of reviews of tools I use and paints, how to videos and continue the same videos I make currently.

i think you can still do this and still be an art/asmr channel. You can even whisper/speak softly your tool reviews and tutorials (that's if you want to do that). That'll add a different asmr element.

I think whatever you decide in this regard is worth exploring

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
Just my opinion from tons of research.... the name of the channel itself is much less important than the channel description, title of each video, desc of each video. And then of course the most important thing of all is the video itself.