• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips How Many True Fans Do You Really Have?

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I was reminded of a concept that I heard last year that most of us only really need 1,000 "true fans" that is willing to spending at least $100/year to make our YT really profitable (or a good living). The road to get there can vary a lot from creator to creator. Some will use huge numbers to get that 1,000 true fans. Others will go for depth. The road you take doesn't matter but I like the simplicity of earning 1,000 true fans. If we are not there yet, we can focus on getting our first 100 true fans for example.

This video by Spreadshop does a much better job explaining it than I can.

View: https://youtu.be/nDOy6dSioQE

Last edited:

Xavier De Buck

Subscriber Goal
I was reminded of a concept that I heard last year that most of us only really need 1,000 "true fans" that is willing to spend at least $100/year to make our YT really profitable (or a good living). The road to get there can vary a lot from creator to creator. Some will for huge numbers to get that 1,000 true fans. Others will go for depth. The road you take doesn't matter but I like the simplicity of earning 1,000 true fans. If we are not there yet, we can focus on getting our first 100 true fans for example.

This video by Spreadshop does a much better job explaining it than I can.

View: https://youtu.be/nDOy6dSioQE
Matt - I have NEVER thought of it that way! My oh my! Thanks for the insight & dropping that informative link!

Reactions: MediaMan
OP
OP
M

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Matt - I have NEVER thought of it that way! My oh my! Thanks for the insight & dropping that informative link!

If you want to stretch your brain further, check this video out by Paddy Galloway who did an analysis of Beluga's channel which now has over 9 million subscribers. Beluga actually adopts "Tiktok-ish" type of videos to get viral results using horizontal non-shorts video. Most of Beluga's videos are simple, no stunts, and around 2-3 minutes only. I firmly believe we, as creators, have to be prepared for unexpected paradigm shifts in thinking. I am very sure Beluga is getting much better Adsense income than the BS shorts monetization ad rates.

I think Beluga has a lot more true fans than meets the eye.