• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Other Social Media DailyMotion?

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
Only requires 1000 total views on your channel to activate monetization. What's the catch?

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Only requires 1000 total views on your channel to activate monetization. What's the catch?

Good on you for starting the discussion on Dailymotion (DM). I haven't done anything except upload one video and started the channel.

Interestingly, I am seeing more Dailymotion video embeds popping up. I am still wary of Dailymotion because they shutdown my account years ago because my videos were not of "professional" quality. They were looking for shows, artists, and other ritzier creators.

YT has always embraced the non-pro creator so I feel safer here than I do on DM. I am trying to figure out the value proposition on DM and are they going to have a problem with us posting YT videos there?

Reactions: MediaMan
OP
OP
M

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
Thanks for the comment, I'm just now researching DM and so far nothing really negative except the overall base of viewers seems to be quite a lot less than YouTube, but perhaps a small fish in a smaller pond is better. Like yourself, I may just upload 1-2 videos to see how it goes. I doubt they have an issue with putting the same content on DM and YT since they have a way to upload DM content to YT automatically.

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Why do my posts in this thread require moderator approval???

It's to ensure that people don't post funny things. Our off-topic section ain't that active and the rules are quite unclear to some people hence in the past, people have had posted funny things which violated our forum rules and permission and to ensure that people ain't finding loopholes and to make sure that the post stays within the topic, we have manual approval in our Off-topic and feedback section. It's nothing serious, just we're taking precautions.

It's quite rare that your post won't be approved in 24 hours since most of our Forum Moderators are around on the forums all the time, so your post will be approved within a day timeframe unless it's weekend, when most of us are quite busy with weekends thing, but there will always be someone to moderate forums, so we got your covered there!

• Love
Reactions: MediaMan