• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Question about updating video description ..

John316

Recognized Member
I was just wondering, we all know that one of the important things that YouTube uses to help people find our videos is the description.

So, if I make changes to my description after posting it does YouTube look at my description again and make any adjustment to how it handles my video based on any changes I might make or is it a once and done deal kind of thing?

jawadsoomro

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
jawadsoomro1988.wixsite.com
Subscriber Goal
I changed my description many times, but it ever affected my videos unless I am removing the keywords from the description. As long as I keep adding keywords, my video will have more chance to rank. Thats what I experienced so far.

Optimizing or Updating your YouTube video description with niche keywords can help your video get discovered by people who are interested in your topic. Here are some steps you can follow to optimize your YouTube video description:
  1. Research your niche keywords: Use keyword research tools like Google Keyword Planner or Ahrefs to find relevant keywords related to your video topic. You can also search for related keywords on YouTube and check the auto-suggest feature to see what people are searching for.
  2. Choose your primary keyword: Select one main keyword that best describes your video content. This should be a keyword that people are actively searching for on YouTube.
  3. Include your keyword in the title: Your video title is one of the most important places to include your primary keyword. Make sure your title is compelling and accurately reflects the content of your video.
  4. Write a detailed description: Your video description should be at least 250-300 words long and include your primary keyword and any related keywords that you've identified. Try to provide a detailed summary of what your video is about, including any important information or key takeaways.
  5. Use relevant tags: Add relevant tags to your video that include your primary keyword and any other related keywords. This will help your video appear in search results for those keywords.
  6. Add timestamps: If your video is long or covers multiple topics, consider adding timestamps to your video description. This will help viewers find the specific information they're looking for and may also improve your video's visibility in search results.
  7. Engage your audience: Use your video description to encourage viewers to engage with your content. This can include asking questions, encouraging comments, and linking to related content on your channel.
By following these steps, you can optimize or update your YouTube video description with niche keywords and improve your video's visibility in search results.