• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question When Do You Need the Paid Promotion Turned On?

LibertyLinks

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
nbgrooms.com
Subscriber Goal
Recently I was approved as an ambassador with a clothing brand I like. My intention is to promote their company on my YouTube and try to earn a small commission from sales. My question is if I need to check the "Paid Promotion" box when setting up the video. When is this used. I just don't want to run into trouble..

Reactions: Xavier De Buck

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
I could be wrong... but my understanding of paid promotion is...... if you mention a product in your video (and you were paid in cash, or received a free product to review) you have to check the paid promotion box. Affiliate links in the video, desc, do not quality as paid promotion.

OP
OP
LibertyLinks

LibertyLinks

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
nbgrooms.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks, I think I'll turn that on for my latest projects because I have a link to their site in the description. I would earn a commission so I guess I should have this on to be on the safe site.

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
Thanks, I think I'll turn that on for my latest projects because I have a link to their site in the description. I would earn a commission so I guess I should have this on to be on the safe site.

As far as everything I've read...that's just standard affiliate links and you do not have to set the video to paid promotion. But it doesn't hurt to be on the safe side.

Xavier De Buck

Subscriber Goal
As far as everything I've read...that's just standard affiliate links and you do not have to set the video to paid promotion. But it doesn't hurt to be on the safe side.

And the question that immediately came to my mind was whether having such a PAID PROMO displayed would help or hurt your video? ie some might see it as spam, others might want to click on it because it's by brand association...?

Reactions: MediaMan