• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice How often should I post a video?

Olderbackpacker

IΓÇÖm 5 months in on my YouTube channel and itΓÇÖs a backpacking vlog. IΓÇÖm currently doing a video every 2/3 days to show where I am and what im doing. Is this too much as I think I should concentrate on editing and maybe do one every 4/5 days?

Reactions: Damon

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Nice to see another outdoors channel. No, that isn't too much, but concentrating on editing, getting out one video out every four or five days is wise. That's what I did for my channel. Increased the production value equates to decreased production volume. Anyone doing outdoors content will produce far fewer videos than, say, a video game channel. This will do three things for you:
  1. It will give your audience a little more time to "absorb" your content before your next upload. Information travels slower in the outdoors niche. It's a slower pace of life.
  2. This also give you more time to connect with your niche via the comments & community section.
  3. Improving your editing will keep more people watching more of your content for longer periods of time.
You probably already know, but the books that helped me with editing were:
NOTE: These are not affiliate links.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Olderbackpacker

Olderbackpacker

Thanks for the advice. Because IΓÇÖm moving to a new city/town every 3/4 days, I try to get the video out of where I am before moving so I can concentrate on my new place. I suppose I should stay a bit longer at where I am at :)

jawadsoomro

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
jawadsoomro1988.wixsite.com
Subscriber Goal
The more you post your videos, the more chances of getting noticed. I post 3 or 4 videos a week because its hard editing tutorials, but in your case, you just need to jump cut the vlog videos and export. You can do it. If you can't manage it, stick to 3 to 4 videos a week.

Reactions: Olderbackpacker

malluarenagaming

I do gaming videos every day and my gaming video does not need much editing , so I try to post video every day ,, and in my second channel i do 3-4 videos per week , its also very effective

Reactions: Olderbackpacker

UlterMonster

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Don't worry about to much or too little make the best quality videos and make sure up upload them on a constant basis so lets say release fridays make sure you release every Friday that way your subscribers will know when you are about to release an epic video

Sanjogita

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy User
TubeBuddy Pro
wordpress.com
Subscriber Goal
Fix your days and upload your videos.It hardly matters how many videos you are uploading but the thing matters is what kind and what quality you are providing. Quantity doesn't effect rather Quality matters.

Brzi Tutorials

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
i am trying to post mor quality videos and more often but no results so far. but it think at least once a week you should post