• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Captions added aren't publishing

The Boozebuddy

TubeBuddy User
boozebuddyupdate.com
Subscriber Goal
I've been adding captions to my videos with the "auto-sync" function and paste my script in about 8-12 hours before the video is scheduled to go public. However, I just realized those captions are not publishing at the same time as the video. Instead "auto generated" (and often wrong) captions are being published and it takes several more hours for the uploaded captions to publish. The strange part is that it always looks like the captions are done processing by the time I finish adding keywords, tagging and scheduling videos. I've seen the issue multiple times now. Is there a better way to add captions? Am I doing something wrong here?

jawadsoomro

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
jawadsoomro1988.wixsite.com
Subscriber Goal
I think YouTube takes time to autosync captions. I added the english script to autosync to video. But it showed error in YouTube editor. So I decided to write all captions manually in Notepad with timings. After 2 days, I was about to upload my manual captions, I found the video has auto synced my script already. I was glad that i autosynced but sad that I had to write all captions manually which took like 6 hours LOL. Its a flaw that YouTube needs improve.

Reactions: The Boozebuddy
OP
OP
The Boozebuddy

The Boozebuddy

TubeBuddy User
boozebuddyupdate.com
Subscriber Goal
I think YouTube takes time to autosync captions. I added the english script to autosync to video. But it showed error in YouTube editor. So I decided to write all captions manually in Notepad with timings. After 2 days, I was about to upload my manual captions, I found the video has auto synced my script already. I was glad that i autosynced but sad that I had to write all captions manually which took like 6 hours LOL. Its a flaw that YouTube needs improve.
Yeah, I manually load in mine and it syncs almost immediately (so long as I wait until the SD and HD processing is complete). It's not happening on every video, but every 2-3 seem to just get stuck for a few hours. Sounds like it's a problem on their end which is frustrating, but sounds like it's not anything I've done (or can fix).

Reactions: jawadsoomro