• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Thumbnail upload on old videos

Shahid wali

Hi can we upload new thumbnails for old videos if I uploaded a video 1 year ago and want to upload new thumbnails to video can this effect on any thing

Reactions: Xavier De Buck

Spice

Subscriber Goal
You can definitely change the thumbnails on older videos. I've done it before where I've realised that the thumbnails on my earlier videos where poor so updated them all. The only real potential effect is that if the thumbnails are better, then the more chance of someone clicking on it.

Reactions: Xavier De Buck

jawadsoomro

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
jawadsoomro1988.wixsite.com
Subscriber Goal
In fact, it is encouraged to keep updating your Thumbnails. Make your thumbnails better than before. To get more clicks, keep making them better and better. It won't affect your video ranking. However, if you ever post links of your older videos on social media. The thumbnails would take time to update.

Xavier De Buck

Subscriber Goal
In fact, it is encouraged to keep updating your Thumbnails. Make your thumbnails better than before. To get more clicks, keep making them better and better. It won't affect your video ranking. However, if you ever post links of your older videos on social media. The thumbnails would take time to update.

100% agree with you here.

DEFINITELY be updating those older thumbnails on a regular basis, as you're getting better with the layouts/text etc.

PLUS, trends change which might mean another update of your thumbnails.

AND you ought to always A/B TEST those newer thumbnails in the TB function to make double sure the audience prefers them. This way, nothing to lose & everything to gain

Reactions: jawadsoomro