• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Tips Tags and description for YouTube shorts

Kulture ChroniK

kulturechronik.fr
Subscriber Goal
Hi everyone,

Is it useful for SEO to add tags and a description for Youtube Shorts as for long videos?
Because it is not possible to put tags from your smartphone and you have to do it from your PC.

Reactions: Damon

jawadsoomro

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
jawadsoomro1988.wixsite.com
Subscriber Goal
For shorts videos, I simply put hashtags in the titles. For the long videos, I use tubebuddy and other keyword tools to craft my titles and description. I always use PC for managing my channel. I only use my phone YouTube studio app to see the updates, notifications and other interactions. I know its sad for some people. But, I find PC the best of all.

Reactions: Xavier De Buck

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
You don't need to use the desktop version. I edit short's title, description on my phone no problem. After it's uploaded to your library you can further edit it. So instead of creating and publishing right away, schedule it for sometime in the future, then go back and edit title/desc as needed and then publish right away if desired.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Hi everyone,

Is it useful for SEO to add tags and a description for Youtube Shorts as for long videos?
Because it is not possible to put tags from your smartphone and you have to do it from your PC.

According to Youtube, tags are not that important anymore. However, the the first 200 characters (or so) are VERY IMPORTANT in a video description.

Reactions: bakerbrewz

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
According to Youtube, tags are not that important anymore. However, the the first 200 characters (or so) are VERY IMPORTANT in a video description.

Do you mean tags section you can add in the video details or are you talking about using hash # tags? Because in my experience at least, hash tags are vital.

use hashtags ,, in my experience shorts without description and tag is getting more views ,, but don't forget hashtags

With or without seem to perform on average the same for me. But I have noticed any affiliate links added to my shorts desc YouTube seems to auto recognize those and limits the short's impressions.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Do you mean tags section you can add in the video details or are you talking about using hash # tags? Because in my experience at least, hash tags are vital.

With or without seem to perform on average the same for me. But I have noticed any affiliate links added to my shorts desc YouTube seems to auto recognize those and limits the short's impressions.

According to Youtube info, Tags in the video details are among the lowest ranked items. But a lot of people still go through the motions to populate it when possible. But I do agree with you that hashtags carry some weight. How much? I haven't yet run into authoritative info that better defines the importance. So much of what we do is based on hearsay, copying others, and anecdotal experiences.

Reactions: MediaMan

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Reactions: SoyManuelMedina

Xavier De Buck

Subscriber Goal
You don't need to use the desktop version. I edit short's title, description on my phone no problem. After it's uploaded to your library you can further edit it. So instead of creating and publishing right away, schedule it for sometime in the future, then go back and edit title/desc as needed and then publish right away if desired.

Awesome tip - I wasn't aware of that! DEFINITELY something I'm going to start doing now. Cheers

Reactions: MediaMan