• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Why is my channel getting half views of last year?

FoxJones

Hi, I have a channel where I have put many clips of documentaries made by myself. Last year there were many views with many subscribers as well. Then month after month the views decreased until the middle of last year. Yet every now and then I revive it by putting clips from new documentaries. I don't have any youtube experience, but I would like to know why this is happening. My channel is this: https://www.youtube.com/@ExploringWorldYouTube/videos Thanks for some pointers.

Reactions: meaariz

meaariz

Subscriber Goal
There could be a variety of reasons why your channel is getting fewer views than it did last year. Here are a few possibilities:

• Increased competition: There may be more channels in your niche now than there were last year, making it more difficult to stand out and attract viewers.
  • Algorithm changes: YouTube's algorithm is constantly evolving, and changes to the way videos are recommended or surfaced to viewers could be affecting your channel's visibility.
  • Content saturation: If you are uploading less frequently or creating less content than last year, your channel may not be appearing as often in viewers' feeds, leading to fewer views.
  • Quality of content: If your videos are not as engaging, interesting or relevant as they used to be, it can cause viewers to lose interest and stop watching.
  • Audience engagement: If your audience is not as engaged as it

Reactions: MattCommand1

Rainer

Use perfect searchable titles, try make description perfect, use keywords what match u video and try find keyword what rank u video in youtube search results, that help for viewers see u video often.

OP
OP
F

FoxJones

I thank you for your suggestions. My channel is not recent and has always received many clicks and it seems incredible to me that in just a few months the clicks have been reduced by less than half. I repeat, in not even 2 months.
I thank you again.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I thank you for your suggestions. My channel is not recent and has always received many clicks and it seems incredible to me that in just a few months the clicks have been reduced by less than half. I repeat, in not even 2 months.
I thank you again.

Your channel will likely die off if you don't keep the channel fresh and relevant. Also, YT constantly tweaks its algorithm. People can't expect a channel will perform over a period of time without injecting some new energy and content.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Just a guess.. but once you get back to putting out right naked or scantly dressed woman on the thumbnails your views will come back.

Doesn't help that he admits that his channel consists of clips from documentaries (other people content).

Reactions: MediaMan
OP
OP
F

FoxJones

ahahahaah, maybe MediaMan is right. ahahaha when I put women with bare breasts in the thumbnails, I had a lot of clicks. Then little by little youtube made me remove them, otherwise my channel wasn't monetized. I had a lot of clips with the topless women because the indigenous peoples that I visit live that way. I also wrote to youtube saying that there is nothing scandalous because I document the daily life of indigenous peoples, but there was nothing to be done. So little by little I took those icons off and my channel got less and less clicks over time. But even halving the clicks in two months now seems excessive to me. I posted an excerpt from a new documentary 2 weeks ago. So what do you think I could do to increase clicks?