• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question shorts getting dislike

cubeytcl

Hello, normally my shorts hit over 70% likes , however the one yesterday hit over 2k view but less than 40% like. (well, only 7 likes tho) .
Honestly, I am abit shocked, because 2k view is alot to me. usually only 300-500 views.

anyway, so will it affect my future contents? so Youtube won't promote my shorts anymore? :worried:

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
Most people will tell you the more engagement the better, good or bad, but in my case shorts with 80% or better likes have more views. Also, it's obvious I have some competitors who dislike all my videos within seconds of being posted in an effort to minimize my views. Maybe you have a few clowns like that as well. Overall it's best not to worry about it and just keep creating content. I don't know if you put "like & subscribe" in the video, but there are users who hate being asked that in the video and will tap dislike just for that reason alone. I add it to all of my shorts, but only at the very end.

jawadsoomro

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
jawadsoomro1988.wixsite.com
Subscriber Goal
I know its disheartening. I think it happens sometimes. Even if someone is adding a Dislike to your videos, they are actually boosting your engagement. So, let's not bother about it. Just keep making more content. Followers or Haters, both are engaging with your content.

OP
OP
cubeytcl

cubeytcl

I always have a problem dealing with negative comments. I mean mentally.
How do people cope with negative comments? I should create another post on this

jawadsoomro

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
jawadsoomro1988.wixsite.com
Subscriber Goal
I always have a problem dealing with negative comments. I mean mentally.
How do people cope with negative comments? I should create another post on this
Once upon a time, I was in your position. Then it took time to understand that NOT EVERYONE IS GOING TO LIKE YOUR CONTENT.
Mostly, I get hundreds of Positive comments. I reply them with thank you's and love emojis. I get few negative comments. I just say them THANK YOU. I APPRECIATE YOUR FEEDBACK.
Recently, I got comment on my popular video "INSTEAD OF BLABBERING, YOU COULD HAVE MADE THIS VIDEO TO 2 MINUTES"
I was literally laughing at this comment. I chose to reply them that I made long tutorial to match the pace for beginners. If I dont feel like replying them, I ignore them. Ain't no time for hate :p:p

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
always have a problem dealing with negative comments. I mean mentally.
How do people cope with negative comments?

I'm also a musician so I understand what you're going through. When you put your performance into a video, you're basically putting your entire self out there and when someone dislikes, makes a negative comment, etc, it's easy to take it personally. We live in a world where people can say negative things about people without any immediate consequence so people tend to be off the cuff, very impulsive, etc. Keep in mind the more popular you become the more hate you will get. So many wannabes will be jealous of what you're accomplishing. Always respond to the positive comments, ignore the negative comments. If it's bad enough delete/block right away. I would never ever respond to any negative comment, that's exactly what they want you to do. Don't give them the satisfaction.