• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Why is this Happening? - Shorts

Bubblegummonsters

So I don't get what's happening to a lot of my shorts in regards to views. This is an image of the stats on my latest short. It did really well getting around 2k views in about 15 minutes. But then after 20 minutes it's like Youtube just killed it. I know that shorts only live on the shorts page for a short amount of time but I thought it was around half a day or maybe even a day, not 20 minutes. So basically is this normal or is something weird going on?

Would love to know what your guys thoughts are on this?

Peter

Attachments

• IMG_7979.PNG
    IMG_7979.PNG
    271.9 KB · Views: 69
OP
OP
B

Bubblegummonsters

This is the main reason I don't mess with shorts. It just isn't enough to sustain a business when you get dropped so fast.
Yeah I defintitely wouldn't use it for Business. My main reason for using the shorts feed is I think it's a better way at the moment to get my content viewed outside my old niche of viewers since I've pivoted my channel. But it's so unpreditctable to how many views you could get.

Reactions: WitWGARA

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
But then after 20 minutes it's like Youtube just killed it.

That's pretty much seems to be how shorts work currently. But... in my experience the more views you get during the first few minutes determines how long YouTube will push your short, so more than ever, at least with shorts, timing is vital.

Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
B

Bubblegummonsters

Happened to me too many times. My Shorts reached 200+ views in like first few hours. Next day, it stopped. Its normal. Let it go :cool:
I hear what you're saying as that's what usually happens to my shorts and I accept that's part of how it works. The weird thing about this one was that is doing really well, I think it was performing something like 20 times better than my other shorts for the first twenty minutes but then it just stopped gaining many views. Went from about a 1000 views every 10 minutes to around 20 views. I've never seen that happen before. It was my number 1 short and within a few hours had dropped to number 3.

It just seems really different to how the other shorts have performed.