• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube SEO Non-fitting video recommendations - Do I have to split channels?

TwoSided

Hi!

On my channel i different topics: Festivals or self-cut videos e.g. about Ukraine or sports.
The best-running video (David Guetta) seems to dominate since ALL other videos get recommendations FROM david guetta videos. And so the click-thru rate is ruined in the long run.

Do I have to split into several topic-focused channels? best not ....

Thx and greetings

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
Just my opinion, but channels with broad focused interests seemed to do better years ago, now days it seems to be better to focus on just one topic per channel.

jawadsoomro

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
jawadsoomro1988.wixsite.com
Subscriber Goal
If you are small youtuber, then I wouldn't suggest to post other niche content on one channel. However, if you are already 10k subs, then post whatever you want in one channel. For example, even if you make new channel, you can make a video message on your popular Gaming channel asking people to check out Vlog channel etc.

OP
OP
T

TwoSided

And why exactly would you recommend a 2nd channel?
My goal is only to get views, not making a brand or building up a community.

Its just my hobby, making videos of different topics

on a dark night

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
One of my more popular videos was mostly watched via youtube recommendations to other watchers yet one of the channels 'recommending' it had no connection to my subject matter whatsoever.
I make true scary story videos and some recommendations came via similar subject matter but one of the channels was to do with fishing !
I've no idea why a fishing channel was connected it is strange .

SoyManuelMedina

TubeBuddy User
I have a few YouTube Sports Channels, I started with a Spanish-language one, and then started publishing videos in English, but they never performed well. So I opened up a new channel and now I have over 38K subscribers on the English channel.

So yeah, I would recommend splitting channels.