• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube SEO YouTube SEO Update

LibertyLinks

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
nbgrooms.com
Subscriber Goal
My main focus is coming out with good content, regardless of how often it get viewed and for how long. It's frustrating to produce great pieces of content and watch people click on it for thirty seconds and then click off, which is often what their doing on mine. I don't right now have a good concept of how I should improve and what I could be doing differently without totally changing my style of content. I like my style of content, even if the topics I cover aren't trendy enough to go viral. Right now I'm just enjoying the process of creating. Deeper understanding of the analytics will come in time.

• Love
Reactions: Damon

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yes, the best way to improve video quality and viewer retention is better editing. I studied the book, "How to Shoot Video That Doesn't Suck," by Steve Stockman for two years straight. I tried to implement everything in that book. From there I decided to shoot in a documentary film style which led to books like:

Documentary Storytelling by Sheila Curran Bernard
Documentary Editing by Jacob Bricca

I'm happy to hear that you're interested in getting better. That's very encouraging. It's sad to see so many people quit YouTube because they just thought they could show up with a camera, spend tons of money on gear, and then think YouTube would just serve up subscribers and viewers.

I've found that there are two types of people on YouTube:
  • Those who desperately want to get better at their craft--whether professional or amateur.
  • Those who think they're doing everything right, but don't know that they are doing almost everything wrong.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LibertyLinks

LibertyLinks

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
nbgrooms.com
Subscriber Goal
Yes, the best way to improve video quality and viewer retention is better editing. I studied the book, "How to Shoot Video That Doesn't Suck," by Steve Stockman for two years straight. I tried to implement everything in that book. From there I decided to shoot in a documentary film style which led to books like:

Documentary Storytelling by Sheila Curran Bernard
Documentary Editing by Jacob Bricca

• Those who desperately want to get better at their craft--whether professional or amateur.
  • Those who think they're doing everything right, but don't know that they are doing almost everything wrong.
I humbly admit I'm probably in the latter category.

jawadsoomro

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
jawadsoomro1988.wixsite.com
Subscriber Goal
I would suggest you to check what other youtubers of your niche are doing, and how are they performing on YouTube? When you learn it, you can take some of their ideas, and mix with your ideas. Then surely your videos will grow.
For example, a famous youtuber has a video title "How to fix Windows startup issues?"
Then you can make your own title like: "This is how you can fix your Windows Startup issues."
I hope you got my point. This is how you can optimize your videos for SEO :cool:

Reactions: Damon