• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question What happens if I totally change a video's description?

John316

Recognized Member
There is a lot of emphasis put into the idea that YouTube relates a lot on the title and description in order to know what to do with my videos and who to show them to. So, the question is, if I upload a video with a decent decsription that is say one paragraph, but later on am able to expand on that description to give even more information and decide to change it, what does YouTube do with my video then ? Does it re-analyze my video meta data each time I save it for any changes? And if so, how long can that take?

Last edited:

Constantin Fkd

Il y a beaucoup d’emphase sur l’idée que YouTube s’appuie beaucoup sur le titre et la description afin de savoir quoi faire avec mes vidéos. Donc, la question est, si je télécharge une vidéo avec une description décente qui est disons un paragraphe, mais que plus tard je peux développer cette description pour donner encore plus d’informations et décider de la modifier, que fait YouTube avec ma vidéo alors? Est-ce qu’il réanalyse mes métadonnées vidéo chaque fois que je les enregistre pour des modifications ? Et si oui, combien de temps cela peut-il prendre?
[/CITATION]
Salut, à ce que je sache, les algorithmes de youtube vont dans un premier temps réanalysé votre description en prenant beaucoup plus en compte les nouveaux mots clés que vous y aviez intégré. Ensuite, votre vidéo sera reclassée.

Constantin Fkd

Salut, à ce que je sache, les algorithmes de youtube vont dans un premier temps réanalysé votre description en prenant beaucoup plus en compte les nouveaux mots clés que vous y aviez intégré. Ensuite, votre vidéo sera reclassée.

Reactions: Damon

jawadsoomro

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
jawadsoomro1988.wixsite.com
Subscriber Goal
I think when you publish any video with a title and description. The video is registered in youtube with that title and description. Changing title and description might take some time to update that information. Also, my advice: write first sentence in your description the same as title but with little more information.
For example:
How to get glowing skin with [this product]
In Description: Today, I am going to show you how to make your skin glow with [this product] and what things to avoid in this process.
You are actually adding the keywords in first line of your description the same keywords as title.
If you change description, it doesn't matter. Just stick to same titles.
I hope this helps!

Reactions: Constantin Fkd
OP
OP
J

John316

Recognized Member
Thanks to everyone who replied. I have some older videos on my channel that I am attempting to bring back to life by improving the description and title. I do agree that it might take a bit of time for YouTube to recognize that I did that, but I will remain hopeful that anything I try will help!

Maybe this is where I can hire an SEO person to help advise me on what to do ..

Reactions: jawadsoomro