• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy How long does it takes you reach 1000 subs?

cubeytcl

Just want to hear others' experience, how long it takes you gain 1k subscribers?

My channel started 10 years ago, but I uploaded few music videos and reached 200 subs within these years. I haven't touch the channel for years.

Then 2 months ago, I started to upload my guitar practice and dog videos, wasn't really looking for views or subscribers at first. Before that, my videos were unlisted and only to my friends and families. But then I found out they not really watching it, and that after all these sweat and tears practice, I just want to show someone.
So i decided to make my videos public, then I am addicted to it.
Now i set myself a goal, to reach 1k subscribers. Not like I want to earn money, which I can't, most of the songs are copyrighted. But just want to proof to myself that my hard work is worth it.

jawadsoomro

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
jawadsoomro1988.wixsite.com
Subscriber Goal
I started my channel in 2008. I just uploaded random videos just to make my portfolio for companies to hire me as Video editor. And it did. I was hired as Designer and Videographer Internee based on my youtube portfolio. I wasn't serious about YouTube. In 2016, I just uploaded Premiere Pro and After effects tutorials. Honestly, I wasn't expecting that much growth. By 2017, I already had 1150 subscribers. I gave up on YouTube because they changed policy to 4000 watch hours. But again, in 2021, I uploaded bunch of InDesign tutorials. Now my subs are 1700+. Slow growth but eventually getting there.

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
I gave up on YouTube because they changed policy to 4000 watch hours.

If you believe all the negativity about YouTube (apparently losing a lot of content creators) it would not surprise me if (some time in 2023) they cut down the watch hours needed to monetize by a lot.

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
Imop.... it's too random to have any constant data unfortunately. Brash, in your face, sexy, willing to show some skin channels can get 1000 subs or more in days. More serious channels in a competitive niche like Damon said could take years. Shorts is a great way to get subs but a horrible way to get watch hours. I'm on pace to reach 1000 subs in less than a year...but it's a grind. lol... And that's my goal really...to get to 1000 subs as quickly as possible. So I'm probably 90% shorts / 10% longs right now.

Last edited:

KS Moto Cafe

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
It took me about 6 months from my first video upload in Dec 2020. My goal was 500 for the first year but reaching double that in half the amount of time was a huge surprise but I did work my *** off to continuously improve my content on a weekly basis and it paid off handsomely. Now, after 2 solid years of content creating for youtube, my target new target for this year is to reach 10k. But in the end, every channel and niche has its pros/cons and it is near impossible to compare different channels for its growth speed.

Reactions: cubeytcl and Damon

Xavier De Buck

Subscriber Goal
But in the end, every channel and niche has its pros/cons and it is near impossible to compare different channels for its growth speed.

That's my sentiment as well. So many variables affect the outcome.

AND, if you have a decent following on other social media platforms, you will more than likely have reached those minimum 1,000 subs & 4,000 watched hrs quicker as well.

I was 'lucky' to be in such a situation (nevermind the fact that I worked my *** off for years to get to my 260,000 Instagram follower account!) -- I reserved my YT account name back in 2016 (I think), and didn't post my first video until 25 October 2021 and FIVE WEEKS later, I was monetized.

"Years of hard work oftentimes look like an overnight success."

Steamy Reviews

TubeBuddy User
Started with my first video in January of this year, my only goal is to get monetized before next January lol. With ad campaigns, I can get a few subs some days while getting 0 another, leaving watch hours my biggest concern. Wouldn't it be nice if the ad campaign views counted :joy:

Reactions: Xavier De Buck

Xavier De Buck

Subscriber Goal
Started with my first video in January of this year, my only goal is to get monetized before next January lol. With ad campaigns, I can get a few subs some days while getting 0 another, leaving watch hours my biggest concern. Wouldn't it be nice if the ad campaign views counted :joy:
How are your thumbnails? Tried to optimise them? Ditto titles?

I'm pushing big time on those myself using TubeBuddy's A/B TESTS....and the feedback results are amazing!

Reactions: Lindam