• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Subscriber count not update or stuck

cubeytcl

Hi guys!
I didn't notice it until just today, my youtube channel subscriber count is stuck or not updating.
I get views for my videos, subscriber is currently 740.

For 2,3 days, I found that whenever I reached 743, it dropped back down to 740. So I thought that is normal, didn't really bother.

However, I found something is really strange, So I asked 4 friends to subscribe me and test.
So it become 744, after 30 min it dropped back down to 740. But none of my friends unsubscribe me within this 30 mins (and I don't think 4 random people just unsubcscribe at the same time)

So i ask my friend to unsubscribe, so that should be 739, however, no, it is still 740.
and I asked another friend to do the same, still 740.

I created every video with alot of effort, It is really really hard work, I feel so sad and cried in the shower just now.

anyone, please advise what should I do?

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Hi guys!
I didn't notice it until just today, my youtube channel subscriber count is stuck or not updating.
I get views for my videos, subscriber is currently 740.

For 2,3 days, I found that whenever I reached 743, it dropped back down to 740. So I thought that is normal, didn't really bother.

However, I found something is really strange, So I asked 4 friends to subscribe me and test.
So it become 744, after 30 min it dropped back down to 740. But none of my friends unsubscribe me within this 30 mins (and I don't think 4 random people just unsubcscribe at the same time)

So i ask my friend to unsubscribe, so that should be 739, however, no, it is still 740.
and I asked another friend to do the same, still 740.

I created every video with alot of effort, It is really really hard work, I feel so sad and cried in the shower just now.

anyone, please advise what should I do?

There's nothing abnormal here.. YouTube tends to delete subscribers which might be or is considered Spam accounts. As aforementioned by you above, you did ask your friends to subscribe you, now, If you randomly ask anyone to subscribe to you and that subscriber hasn't even watched your single video or haven't done any sort of interaction or engagement for let's say at least first 5-10 minutes, those subscribers are considered as spam/bots and YT tends to delete them since it's against their TOS to use such spams/bots. Again, you haven't used any bots but it's their API and their system triggers such action as spam or considered it as a bot hence, you will probably lose that subs you gained.

In your case, it's either that YT deleted some of your subscribers which were spam accounts or someone deleted their YouTube account or got their channel terminated thus, removing them from your subscriber list or maybe someone unsubscribe you, thus, you are losing subscribers as soon as you gain them. At start, it might look bit demotivating but it's how YouTube works, and If you wish to know more advance information as how did you lose subscribers in a specific period of time, you can head to your YT studio, click on subscribers, set the range to 28 days and then Advance.

1) Analytics
1672849950198.png

2) Click on subscribers , select the range 28 days.

1672850026625.png

3)Advance Mode, then select "Subscription Source" from the "More Drop down menu" and you will see all or most of the details about your subscribers gained and lost in that very period, it will as well give you a better understanding as how you're gaining subs and how you're losing them

1672850162868.png

Attachments

• 1672849912601.png
    1672849912601.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 91
OP
OP
cubeytcl

cubeytcl

Omg!!! I can't believe you reply so greatly!
Thank you so much!
Now I feel so much better!

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Nah, don't feel or be demotivated for losing subscribers. it's all part of the game... You lose, you gain and that's how you finally achieve your milestone. I have reached 1.29k subs 5 times in a row last week and this week, we're back to 1.28k, still need two more subs but before you know , I might end up either losing one or gaining one, who knows, so yeah it's all normal.

Reactions: cubeytcl and Damon
OP
OP
cubeytcl

cubeytcl

Thank you so much for all your comments, really appreacited.
Yea, I somehow got demotivated cause of the subscriber counts, I know it is wrong and shouldn't stress myself too much. Before I started this channel, I only share my video to friends and families, there were like only 10ish of them. But now I got way more than that, I need to calm myself and stop thinking too much on the counts.
Feel like I need to get off a drug.o_O

Reactions: jawadsoomro

malikalists

YouTube's subscriber count can sometimes lag or glitch due to various reasons, including spam detection or delays in updating the count.One thing you can try is clearing your browser cache or checking from a different device to see if the count updates correctly. Also, make sure to check YouTube's analytics to see if there are any irregularities.I've been in a similar spot before, and I also found a way to boost your channel and get more YouTube subscribers. It can help with getting more organic growth and engagement. Keep pushing, and don't let this get you down.