• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question gaming channel monitize myth or real

Shahid wali

Hi have a gaming channel which needs only 4k watch time subs done so if my 4k watch time completes then gaming channel will be monitized or not because people says gaming channel needs voice over or face other wise it will not be monetized so it is real or myth

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello @Shahid wali ,

Any channel has the ability to get views whether it has a voiceover or not. As long as the content is good and you have an audience your videos can get views. You just have to make sure you know who your audience is, who are the people who will view your videos and make really good content for them. Focus on making good content.

jawadsoomro

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
jawadsoomro1988.wixsite.com
Subscriber Goal
Yes, you can monetize a gaming channel. With or without Face, your voiceover matters. If someone is watching your gameplay without voiceover, nobody would know who you are. I have seen gaming channels that monetize without even voiceover. Anyways, not all games that you play are for monetization. For example, if you play any Warner bros games, you can't monetize those videos. Especially injustice, mortal kombat and any game that they publish. You can monetize minecraft, and other games as long as they don't have problem. I highly recommend checking out the list of games that cannot be monetized on YouTube platform. There are many videos on YouTube regarding this topic.

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member

"Without the appropriate license from the publisher, use of video game or software user interface must be minimal. Video game content may be monetized if the associated step-by-step commentary is strictly tied to the live action being shown and provides instructional or educational value."

Sounds to me as long as you provide commentary while you play you're good to go.

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I have a gaming channel and I upload both, commentary and as well, non-commentary gameplay walkthroughs video. I have seen a lot of non-commentary gaming channels getting monetized with no issues, you just need to make sure that If you're to upload a non-commentary video, make sure that you do some sort of edits in the video and not just blindly record and upload without having any sort of special effects or edits. The edit can be anything, such as having a CTA or having some sort of intro and some special effects in the middle of the game or anything that makes it a bit unique content.

As mentioned above, there are some publishers or developers who will not allow your video to get monetized If there's no voice-over, while, I definitely agree but the most important thing you need to remember is to disable the game music, that's the key, not all games have copyrighted music but it's safe to disable them as such publishers are way too strict of who uses their music, and most of them don't think twice sending copyright strikes, thus, overall risking your channel.