• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Which Intro Do You Like?

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
The 2nd one doesn't even look like an intro, the 1st one is obviously better, but an even better decision may be to just eliminate any intro at all. In my short time with YouTube I've quickly realized intros are a waste of time. When I do feel compelled to put some intro branding in the video I first have a short preview (1-3 seconds) of things to come in the video followed by a 1-2 second intro, then the main video begins.

jawadsoomro

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
jawadsoomro1988.wixsite.com
Subscriber Goal
The second one is not an intro at all. It looks like Lower Third animation, that are mostly used for captions, and displaying names etc.
The first one is Intro. But it has no animation at all, which makes it less appealing. Also, it is black white, give your logo a color. There are many tutorials on YouTube that teach you to animate the logo. I hope this helps. I would go for first one with ANIMATION.

OP
OP
LibertyLinks

LibertyLinks

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
nbgrooms.com
Subscriber Goal
The 2nd one doesn't even look like an intro, the 1st one is obviously better, but an even better decision may be to just eliminate any intro at all.
Yea, I'm experimenting with different tactics right now to increase viewer retention. What I often do is put some sort of climax from later in the video before my into, hoping it will keep the viewer watching to find out what happens. As far as the second one goes, I was wondering how it would be to skip the intro and just add the channel name at the beginning. My viewer retention rate is pretty bad at times and I've just been trying to figure out what steps to take in order to improve.

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
[QUOTE="LibertyLinks, post: 165366, member: 113317"g to figure out what steps to take in order to improve.
[/QUOTE]

Research will tell you viewer retention is getting harder and harder due to shifting mentalities of watching online videos. The most important part of any video just might be the first 3-5 seconds.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I like the idea of the second intro, it's how I used to do my gaming videos. It allows for the content to start without wasting time with an intro. However, as some pointed out, it looks more like a lower 3rd and less like an intro.

So here's my advice. Don't be afraid to put the intro more centered and bigger. Maybe add that sound effect you had in the first intro video, maybe even some soft music (mysterymusic?) for the background of your intro. Check out the clip for the intro from one of my videos so you can see what I mean.