• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question What would be the proper way to title a video that is a review of another video on YT?

John316

Recognized Member
So, for the sake of this example, let's say that there is a channel called 'Martha's Baking'. Now let's say that Martha makes a video called 'How to bake a cake'.

Now, I come along and want to follow Martha's video and post my own review video about HER video and in mine I follow along and see what happens and see how easy or hard it is to follow along with Martha's instructions as part of my review.

So, now when it comes to the Title of my video I am just wondering in what order things should go? So let me start:

REVIEW: 'How to Bake a Cake' video by Martha's Baking channel

or

VIDEO REVIEW: 'How to bake a Cake' by Martha's Baking channel

Is this the right way to title the video, or, should it be in some other way or the information in a different order? (ie - The chaanel name first, then the title of the video, etc.)

HealthyTiffany

Subscriber Goal
Adding on to JawadΓÇÖs response, I would not include MarthaΓÇÖs title at all in your title, or even include that it was a review.

Some of the most successful titles drive curiosity concerning what you’re going to review. For example, you could do something like…
“A cake with no eggs… what’s wrong with Martha?!” if it was a negative review.
Or something like:
ΓÇ£GOD TIER CAKE?! Martha, HOW?!ΓÇ¥ if it was a positive review.

My naming is atrocious lol, but the point is, most review videos, if they are about another personΓÇÖs content, draw emotions instead of actually putting the name of someone elseΓÇÖs video in the title.
ItΓÇÖs different from a review of like, an iPhone 14 for example, where it would make sense to have the name of the item in the title.

Hope this helps / makes sense.

Reactions: jawadsoomro
OP
OP
J

John316

Recognized Member
Adding on to JawadΓÇÖs response, I would not include MarthaΓÇÖs title at all in your title, or even include that it was a review.

Some of the most successful titles drive curiosity concerning what you’re going to review. For example, you could do something like…
“A cake with no eggs… what’s wrong with Martha?!” if it was a negative review.
Or something like:
ΓÇ£GOD TIER CAKE?! Martha, HOW?!ΓÇ¥ if it was a positive review.

My naming is atrocious lol, but the point is, most review videos, if they are about another personΓÇÖs content, draw emotions instead of actually putting the name of someone elseΓÇÖs video in the title.
ItΓÇÖs different from a review of like, an iPhone 14 for example, where it would make sense to have the name of the item in the title.

Hope this helps / makes sense.
Thanks so much! Great to get a woman's perspective.. Hope to hear lots more from you!

• Love
Reactions: HealthyTiffany