• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question What happens to my videos when I change from UNLISTED to PUBLIC?

John316

Recognized Member
I am wondering, in a few of my first SHORTS that I did, I fell victim to the nasty comments of a few people about my appearance and so I put a few of them in UNLISTED status. Well, I have got past being hurt by that and I put those videos back in PUBLIC status so people can see them again!

When I look back I feel kind of stupid because a few of the ones I did this with were getting good few counts (one of them has 2K views!), so the comments of a few should not have made a difference at all, but at the time they did, so I am here now.

So, at this point, is my momentum from YouTube gone since these are all shorts? Or, should I expect them to start to get views again?

Last edited:

jawadsoomro

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
jawadsoomro1988.wixsite.com
Subscriber Goal
I feel you dear. Even when I upload some content out of my comfort zone, i get funny comments, not a praise. But that is the video that goes viral. So, I decide not to take comments seriously. What people think about us is not our responsibility. So whatever you upload, keep them PUBLIC, no matter what. Once you put the visibility to listed or private, then public again, then you won't get the same momentum as it had before. For example, there had been many youtube channels who made 1000s of subscribers, but once they stop posting for months. They are long forgotten. If they upload new video after months, no one will bother to check the videos. In my opinion, expecting lot of views again is not ideal now.

OP
OP
J

John316

Recognized Member
I feel you dear. Even when I upload some content out of my comfort zone, i get funny comments, not a praise. But that is the video that goes viral. So, I decide not to take comments seriously. What people think about us is not our responsibility. So whatever you upload, keep them PUBLIC, no matter what. Once you put the visibility to listed or private, then public again, then you won't get the same momentum as it had before. For example, there had been many youtube channels who made 1000s of subscribers, but once they stop posting for months. They are long forgotten. If they upload new video after months, no one will bother to check the videos. In my opinion, expecting lot of views again is not ideal now.
Thanks for the kind words. BTW, I am in recovery from addiction and this year am celebrating 6 years clean so I do have some practice at the process of recovery so that has made it easier to bounce back faster. I am a very new channel so I guess it is good to learn this lesson now rather than later, right? And, if you think about it, this kind of lesson can benefit me in other areas of my life as well! You all can most likely think of several so I won't have to list them here! Thanks again!

Reactions: jawadsoomro
OP
OP
J

John316

Recognized Member
One thing I am for SURE going to do in work on my video descriptions as well as expand the numbe of hashtags and maybe that will help for when people are doing searches.

OP
OP
J

John316

Recognized Member
Honestly, I would ban, block and delete the negative comments.
Yes, your right! This experience is really good for me by way of teaching me to have a thicker skin! I think that like anything, it will take a bit of time, but I am getting there and learing where all that BS is actually coming from which is exactly that! .... BS!

Reactions: Damon

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
I am wondering, What happens to my videos when I change from UNLISTED to PUBLIC?

So by changing an unlisted video to public it gets listed as the latest video for your channel? Is there anyway to edit/change that? Thx.

Constantin Fkd

Tu aurais du prendre les commentaires du bon côté. Après avoir fait un marche à réculon, tu vas perdre en visibilité et en nouveaux abonnés. Plus il y a de commentaires ou d'interaction sur une vidéo, plus l'algorithme de YouTube accorde un bon surclassement à ta vidéo. Une autre chose, pendant que la vidéo était en privé, beaucoup d'autres certainement ont déjà ranké sur les mêmes mots clés que toi. Brefs, prends désormais les commentaires du bon côté ou carrément paramétrer dans YouTube studio de tels façon que les commentaires soient vérifiés avant publication.

OP
OP
J

John316

Recognized Member
Tu aurais du prendre les commentaires du bon côté. Après avoir fait un marche à réculon, tu vas perdre en visibilité et en nouveaux abonnés. Plus il y a de commentaires ou d'interaction sur une vidéo, plus l'algorithme de YouTube accorde un bon surclassement à ta vidéo. Une autre chose, pendant que la vidéo était en privé, beaucoup d'autres certainement ont déjà ranké sur les mêmes mots clés que toi. Brefs, prends désormais les commentaires du bon côté ou carrément paramétrer dans YouTube studio de tels façon que les commentaires soient vérifiés avant publication.
OK, thanks..