• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Uploading on Christmas Day

majorsayre

So, I usually upload on Sundays and then most of my views are Sun/Mon. But this Sunday is Christmas Day- does it even make sense to upload a new video? In general is anyone on YouTube Christmas Day? Or am I wasting my time? I'm a crafting/DIY channel

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
For consistency purpose, and from a personal perspective as an avid YouTube consumer, I would suggest still uploading. Not everyone celebrates Christmas and even some who do still watch YouTube. Not to mention you could have people from other countries who watch YouTube even during the holidays. This is the time of the year I have a hard time finding content to watch because most of my fav YouTubers take a break. I personally find this annoying but I understand why. I watch a lot of YouTube, it's in essence my form of local TV channels.

Now, there's always a chance the numbers won't be great. But then again you could find yourself in the unique position of being seen as a content creator who can be counted on to provide content even when everyone else is taking a vacation.

The trick, however, is to plan the video way ahead so you won't be making content right before the holidays. Make the video early in the month, perhaps a best of or gag reel of your content from the past year. Something simple to make that you can set up to schedule to publish weeks ahead so it can just publish automatically and all you have to do is just check the comments at least the first hour then enjoy the rest of the holiday.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: majorsayre

on a dark night

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
So, I usually upload on Sundays and then most of my views are Sun/Mon. But this Sunday is Christmas Day- does it even make sense to upload a new video? In general is anyone on YouTube Christmas Day? Or am I wasting my time? I'm a crafting/DIY channel

I can understand your hesitancy to upload on Christmas day but this may actually benefit you .
You state you're a craft/DIY channel and I'm sure there are many people going to be getting craft/ DIY gifts so they might be wanting to take a look at your channel on that particular day.
I'd still upload , you might get the views but if not I'm sure they will turn up boxing day .

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I agree with Spanglish. People will still want to watch YouTube. If it feels natural to you, go upload on Christmas Day. I won't be "celebrating" all day. I don't think everyone does also. There will be down time for most people to wander off and do "normal" things like watch YT videos.