• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion A short note about shorts!

John316

Recognized Member
I just wanted to share for the benefit of some people who post shorts and who do not see immediate action, I posted 3 shorts yesterday (12-18-2022) at 8PM because that is the time YouTube said I should do that. So I scheduled them to go live.

So, all night the 18th and all day the 19h ....... NOTHING !! Absolute ZERO on all three. But then, at between 9-10PM tonight the 19th I wasn't even watching, but I went and looked and one of them had almost 500 views! So, my point being to not be disappointed if your shorts don't get any tracktion right away!

And, I got 21 likes as well and 1 person subscribed to my channel and I am very, very small channel! With this person I am up to just 26 subscribers. But I never ask people to subscribe so the people who are subscribing are doing so because they like my content! They are not just SUBS for the sake of having SUBS who will never come back!

Last edited:
Reactions: Xavier De Buck

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
But I never ask people to subscribe

I don't agree with that at all. But yah...the way YT is dealing with shorts is a bit confusing as it's hard to see repeating patterns that you can rely on and try to replicate.

Xavier De Buck

Subscriber Goal
I just wanted to share for the benefit of some people who post shorts and who do not see immediate action, I posted 3 shorts yesterday (12-18-2022) at 8PM because that is the time YouTube said I should do that. So I scheduled them to go live.

So, all night the 18th and all day the 19h ....... NOTHING !! Absolute ZERO on all three. But then, at between 9-10PM tonight the 19th I wasn't even watching, but I went and looked and one of them had almost 500 views! So, my point being to not be disappointed if your shorts don't get any tracktion right away!

And, I got 21 likes as well and 1 person subscribed to my channel and I am very, very small channel! With this person I am up to just 26 subscribers. But I never ask people to subscribe so the people who are subscribing are doing so because they like my content! They are not just SUBS for the sake of having SUBS who will never come back!

Literally just commented on this thread https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/51850/post-167062 which I think you'll like as well...1-2-3 days? Try 300 days later!