• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion Interviewing the public and putting that in my videos... would this be a good hook for my videos?

John316

Recognized Member
I am going to be making every day life advice / educational videos.
What I would like to know is that in a lot of videos that do the
types of videos I'm going to be doing there are none if not interviews
with people to get their feedback on whatever topic of the video we are
making might be!

Please let me know if doing videos this way would be a good thing?

Last edited:

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, we've seen that kind of thing on TV many times. Do it. The only thing is you will need permission from the people you're interviewing, preferably written release forms like they use in documentary films and such.

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
Fwiw.... the only way I could see this working is if you show/tell your opinion on the video topic first and then "ok...let's get out there and see YOUR opinion" where you interview street people, etc, etc. Otherwise you're just treading on the typical news channel and there's a zillion of those.

OP
OP
J

John316

Recognized Member
Yeah, we've seen that kind of thing on TV many times. Do it. The only thing is you will need permission from the people you're interviewing, preferably written release forms like they use in documentary films and such.
Got it!... Good idea...

OP
OP
J

John316

Recognized Member
Fwiw.... the only way I could see this working is if you show/tell your opinion on the video topic first and then "ok...let's get out there and see YOUR opinion" where you interview street people, etc, etc. Otherwise you're just treading on the typical news channel and there's a zillion of those.
Just checking..... Do you possibly have an example of a video on ANY subject that shows the format that your saying our videos SHOULD look like?

Reactions: Damon

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
Just checking..... Do you possibly have an example of a video on ANY subject that shows the format that your saying our videos SHOULD look like?

well...keep in mind I added the "for what it's worth" prefix because it may not be a popular opinion. lol... There are of course channels that state their opinion, and channels that just walk around asking people questions, getting their opinions, etc. I just think something perhaps...new would be a for a channel to have the host state their opinion first on the subject (probably in the studio, etc) and then take it to the streets. Also, by doing your opinion in the studio, you would already know the opinions made by your subjects which could help setup your monologue/initial opinion. Don't have any examples, there HAS to be some channel doing this.....if not..... well....that could be an interesting niche. hmmm....

OP
OP
J

John316

Recognized Member
Also, by doing your opinion in the studio, you would already know the opinions made by your subjects which could help setup your monologue/initial opinion.
Hmm? Just to be sure I understand you corectly, are you saying to get the other people's opinions before recording mine in-studio? Did I hear you right ?

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
Hmm? Just to be sure I understand you corectly, are you saying to get the other people's opinions before recording mine in-studio? Did I hear you right ?

lol.... I was trying to say you could use that as a way to help mold your intro/monologue, etc. It shouldn't change your opinion, but it might give you fodder for lead in dialog, etc. ;)

mimmo academy

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
I am going to be making every day life advice / educational videos.
What I would like to know is that in a lot of videos that do the
types of videos I'm going to be doing there are none if not interviews
with people to get their feedback on whatever topic of the video we are
making might be!

Please let me know if doing videos this way would be a good thing?

For me it is really interesting , exactly if it is in funny mode , and in not orgonized program

Baumi

Recognized Member
Subscriber Goal
Warum nimmst du nicht zum Beispiel Spiele oder andere Themen, bei denen du nicht jedem hinterherlaufen musst, als Thema?